• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you still have a restock of the 3Sixteen denim coming soon?

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiya, are Self Edge store credits transferable to other individuals? I'm short on cash at the moment and was thinking of putting my SE credit up on the Buying & Selling forum, but I wouldn't want to do so if it's against your policies.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Asch
Kiya, are Self Edge store credits transferable to other individuals? I'm short on cash at the moment and was thinking of putting my SE credit up on the Buying & Selling forum, but I wouldn't want to do so if it's against your policies.

That's totally fine by us, and the online store actually has a feature to do exactly that by logging into your account online.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anymore denim jackets scheduled to arrive for fall?

fashunhor

Reaction score
I just got a pair of 1001s today. I am a 34.5-35" waist and it was recommended to me to get the 1001s in 33. When I measured them they measured 34.5 which is above both the Selfedge and Flathead UK size charts. (Maybe I am doing it wrong)

Either way, they are way to big. I feel like I am wearing a pair of bootcuts that are 2 sizes too big. With a 35" waist should I try a 32 or even a 31? I am really suprised that they are so big.

Sigmatic

Reaction score
^ umm, those are unsanforized, right? if so, you have to soak them to get the shrinkage out...

DECEMBER

Reaction score
I'm beginning to move away from skinny fits.
Though the line between slim / skinny is blurred so I have trouble figuring out which slim jeans to stay away from.

My 3sixteen slim leg feel tighter than routes (both in waist 29), and I like the fit of the routes better,
but it is a bit roomy in the thighs.

I'm looking for a slim-straight fit according to my measurements:

Waist: 28"
Thigh: 19.5"
Knee: 14"
Height: 5"7 (Does height play a role in how jeans fit in the legs?)
btw I expect my thighs will get bigger in the future

If i wear jeans that are too tight ****** sticks out like tweedle dum, so does that mean I should get jeans that are baggier in the thighs?

+Was wondering how the FH 3001s fit compares with the 3sixteen slim..
+Which is slimmer, dukes / shearers? Seems like shearers but the measurements say otherwise.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fashunhor
I just got a pair of 1001s today. I am a 34.5-35" waist and it was recommended to me to get the 1001s in 33. When I measured them they measured 34.5 which is above both the Selfedge and Flathead UK size charts. (Maybe I am doing it wrong)

Either way, they are way to big. I feel like I am wearing a pair of bootcuts that are 2 sizes too big. With a 35" waist should I try a 32 or even a 31? I am really suprised that they are so big.

You bought them from Self Edge?
Why not just exchange them for a smaller size?

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
You bought them from Self Edge?
Why not just exchange them for a smaller size?

Kiya, you have a PM

mr. burns

Reaction score
any idea when you're restocking dry bones or skull?

callejeros

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fashunhor

Have you soaked them? They should be fine afer a hot soak.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads