• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
I'm looking for an associate Men's designer, all of the resumes I've received so far are dreadful. PM me if anyone can help?

Los Angeles area.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
Rolling up the sleeves on your blazer/dress shirt. Tacky?

quite possibly, but not necessarily. if was an unlined/unstructured blazer it might pass

marly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Someone suggested Tretorn which I think was a nice alternative, but I would also suggest PF Flyers and Spring Court.

yes.. thanks bud i found some spring courts at revolve that are pretty much eactly what I'm looking for.

SCOU-MZ20_V4-BIG.jpg

rts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppllzz
this has got to be the dumbest question of all time... answer: uniqlo
I don't have any store near me. Just wondering if there was an easier way to order online.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rts
I don't have any store near me. Just wondering if there was an easier way to order online.

Maybe B&S forums? You can always find a Uniqlo proxy and buy through them.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rts

You could try out Sutu Corp. They will proxy it from Japan at an 8% service fee, which is not too bad considering Uniqlo is pretty inexpensive at retail.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
You could try out Sutu Corp. They will proxy it from Japan at an 8% service fee, which is not too bad considering Uniqlo is pretty inexpensive at retail.

+1. I have never had a problem with Sutu.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so i've got a pair of shoes that i think are too light in color, is there any way i could go about making them darker looking?

this is what they look like now

dscf2332j.jpg

would polishing them with brown shoe polish work? would that wear off after a while?

thanks for any help

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Not if you continually polish them (every two weeks or so).

Sigmatic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by max_r
so i've got a pair of shoes that i think are too light in color, is there any way i could go about making them darker looking?

this is what they look like now

would polishing them with brown shoe polish work? would that wear off after a while?

thanks for any help

do an SF search for antiquing or dyeing shoes, etc. there are a couple good threads that tell you how to do it and what results to expect.

Lachy

Reaction score
Like breakz said, just polish with a darker brown polish. And repeat as necessary. Their a pretty light shade now, so they should take to the new colour quickly.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lachy
Like breakz said, just polish with a darker brown polish. And repeat as necessary. Their a pretty light shade now, so they should take to the new colour quickly.

i think they were lighter than that but my dad had them dyed. atleast, thats what my mom said.

Lachy

Reaction score
Should go well. I polished a pair of PS dip dyes a month or so back, and the polish was far darker than I realized, and changed the colour quite a lot, and they were a solid brown to begin with. Be sure to post the results so we can check em out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads