• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Folded Up Shirt Appreciation

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Sexy. I like the way a nice twill feels on the skin, though. It's rugged exterior does not do justice to its underlying sensuality.

Much like yourself.

Originally Posted by forex
Mafoo,are they all hand washed? After each wear?

My shirts are much more small timer than foo's and I handwash mine after each wear. I don't see the problem.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramuman
My shirts are much more small timer than foo's and I handwash mine after each wear. I don't see the problem.

I used to hand wash my nicer shirts in law school. It wasn't a big deal, but it's still a little more trouble than machine washing, and machine washing doesn't seem to hurt my shirts.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to handwash my nicer shirts in law school. It wasn't a big deal, but it's still a little more trouble than machine washing, and machine washing doesn't seem to introduce any added wear.

I live in a condo with a downstairs-laundromat-o machine. That might be the problem. You likely have a nice washer.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I live in a condo with a downstairs-laundromat-o machine. That might be the problem. You likely have a nice washer.

Nah, we use our building's basement laundry. The washing machinese aren't anything special. They are, however, side loading.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We machine wash after every wear, then hang dry.

I'm sorry if I stepped on some misguided sense of political correctness, but, yes, my wife is in charge of the laundry. She also cooks. Her risotto is particularly good and she lets me eat it even though I did not cook my portion.

I know, I'm a monster.

Don't sweat the PC stuff!
rolleyes.gif
I got the sense the sense that she did the laundry, and was only poking fun at the communal we (and the fact that you would step in to handle those tricky collars & cuffs
mwink[1].gif
). I realize that the we is you wearing and her washing. Not that there's anything wrong with that....

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
Don't sweat the PC stuff!
rolleyes.gif
I got the sense the sense that she did the laundry, and was only poking fun at the communal we (and the fact that you would step in to handle those tricky collars & cuffs
mwink[1].gif
). I realize that the we is you wearing and her washing. Not that there's anything wrong with that....

I was using 'we' casually. She hates ironing the Matuozzo collars and cuffs because their construction makes them difficult to work with. There's lots of extra fabric you have to push and prod to iron them straight. So, I often do them myself since I don't mind as much.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah, we use our building's basement laundry.

No ensuite laundry? Surprisingly small time.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by triniboy27

I was waiting for a Haganah comment about having a shower curtain, but yours will do.

- B

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was using 'we' casually. She hates ironing the Matuozzo collars and cuffs because their construction makes them difficult to work with. There's lots of extra fabric you have to push and prod to iron them straight. So, I often do them myself since I don't mind as much.

"As much" is too much! Life is short - find yourself a trustworthy cleaner and be done w/ this drudgery!
bigstar[1].gif

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Much like yourself.

I used to handwash mine after each wear too but it has become such pain that I finally gave up.I am using a machine now but I can see that collars are not as clean as they are when you hand wash them.I guess something has to give.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah, we use our building's basement laundry. The washing machinese aren't anything special. They are, however, side loading.

I feel for you Foo. I remember when I moved into my 1st apartment; I used the neighborhood laundry just to avoid waiting after the single old washer and dryer in my own building. Every so often, I'd get detergent residue on my clothes when the previous user was too cheap to buy liquid detergent. That and some grease stains from previous loads.

I was quite relieved when my 2nd apartment had room for me to install my own appliances. We have our own small laundry room/storage space in our current condo. That's where you'll find me most Friday evenings and Saturday mornings. My fiancÃ
00a9.png
e has probably done the laundry twice in the last 3 years, while I haven't washed the dishes more than a handful of times. Pure domestic bliss.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by triniboy27

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I was waiting for a Haganah comment about having a shower curtain, but yours will do.

- B

I got your back, bossman.

oshinex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
"As much" is too much! Life is short - find yourself a trustworthy cleaner and be done w/ this drudgery!
bigstar[1].gif

I rather do it myself than have some stranger wash it along with other people's stuff, run the risk of losing an article, and then bother picking it up, or having it delivered to my apartment. If things get messed up, you have no one to blame (and hate) but yourself.

oshinex

Reaction score
Yep. Other than solids, I have two of each pattern. I rarely like something enough to buy it without wanting more than one. Also, this way, there's spare parts if one needs repair.

I actually thought one was barrel cuff and the other one was French. But you explanation makes sense too.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We're actually happy that our building has laundry in the basement. It's convenient--and cheaper.

Originally Posted by oshinex
I actually thought one was barrel cuff and the other one was French. But you explanation makes sense too.

They're all French. Only my OCBDs have barrel cuffs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads