• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone else check out the sueded crew neck. I like it a lot. I don't have the money for a $150 crew neck so i may end up getting one of those.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mmm
I usually load up on the cotton-cashmere or cotton-wool sweaters when they are between $20-30. They do lose shape over time but Im not too worried when they are only $20-30. But they arent worth the regular price. Other than that my other sweaters are all $150<

Edit: you should check out there lambswool, I have 1 and its held its shape better than the cotton cashmere.

I haven't experienced the shape loss with my cotton-cashmeres. I think they're good for the price, especially when they're marked down. Nothing fancy, just a good basic sweater.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I like that one a lot too but the price tag is off-putting.

mdla

Reaction score
Second the lambswool- I've got several from over the last 4-5 years that I still wear.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bought a pair of the new mcallisters in the deep olive and a pair of the 484 jeans yesterday. really like the fit of both.

the new mcallisters have a bit more sole than previous seasons (my roommate has brown ones from at least a year ago) and the 484s contain a bit of elasthane and have a considerably skinnier calf than the vintage slim fit.

synovoid

Reaction score
yup, I got one pair of the macalister in dark khaki, love the color and fit.

jsg28

Reaction score
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak
Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket

Wanttttt

I just got this jacket and returned it. It is belted (although the model pics show the jacket with the belt removed.) The jacket it a "classic fit" read: a bit full without the belt necessary to cinch the jacket. And, trust me, the belt looks lame. Overall the materials feel GREAT, but cut is lame IMO.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone want to buy my charcoal sutherland wool/cashmere thinsulate coat so i can finance the krane peacoat?
smile.gif

chiamdream

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with these classic-fit Bowery pants? Hard to tell what exactly makes them different than the essential chinos - seems like they might be a little heavier, crisper twill, which I'd be into for the office.

images_onFigure_17_17249_17249_BR6408_m_tif_f3760c6efb02198f.jpg

youalreadyknow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
bought a pair of the new mcallisters in the deep olive and a pair of the 484 jeans yesterday. really like the fit of both.

the new mcallisters have a bit more sole than previous seasons (my roommate has brown ones from at least a year ago) and the 484s contain a bit of elasthane and have a considerably skinnier calf than the vintage slim fit.

how would you compare the 484s to say, a pair of APCs or something? The j crew I was at yesterday didn't have them in to try on

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chiamdream
Anyone have any experience with these classic-fit Bowery pants? Hard to tell what exactly makes them different than the essential chinos - seems like they might be a little heavier, crisper twill, which I'd be into for the office.

images_onFigure_17_17249_17249_BR6408_m_tif_f3760c6efb02198f.jpg

Fabric is crisper but lighter.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chiamdream

That's it. I tried them on a little while ago and I must say the fit is pretty nice. I would even say slightly slimmer in the thigh than the classic essential, but that may be due to the stiffness that contributes to holding the shape better in that area. Either way, I thought they were nice.

I'm waiting for the classic wool version to go on sale as I might snag those up.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by youalreadyknow
how would you compare the 484s to say, a pair of APCs or something? The j crew I was at yesterday didn't have them in to try on

somewhere in between petite standards and new cures. medium rise, tapered leg... maybe about 7 in. leg opening.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scb
anyone want to buy my charcoal sutherland wool/cashmere thinsulate coat so i can finance the krane peacoat?
smile.gif

Sure! If it's a large, I'll give you 50 for it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads