• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Review of my 1st MTM shirt (Hemrajani / mytailor.com): fit pics added!

Georgetown

Reaction score
I've been having Hemrajani make me shirts with cutaway collars too—I love how he shapes the cutaways; they're very English, just wide enough, not too long. Congrats. Next time, four shirts; choose wisely.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JR_Rider
Here check it out....

CIMG2641.jpg

CIMG2644.jpg

Nice, looks good with the white cuffs too!
cheers.gif

Originally Posted by Georgetown
I've been having Hemrajani make me shirts with cutaway collars too"”I love how he shapes the cutaways; they're very English, just wide enough, not too long. Congrats. Next time, four shirts; choose wisely.

I do like the collar, but I wonder if they just gave me their stock KH-14 - English Cut Away Collar or if mine is the result of tweaking it as per my request to have a collar that swept back further. Nothing to compare it to...

JR_Rider

Reaction score
Not sure on that one......I have had this shirt about 3 years and actually sent them measurements of a RLPL Keaton spread collar and asked them to use the same measurements although when comparing the two shirts, the measurements are slightly different......I couldn't find my tape measure to measure the points and the spread but here's a side by side comparison......
CIMG2645.jpg

JR_Rider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hth2002
JR_RIDER, is the difference due to shrink allowance added to the MTM shirt?
I doubt that because if I remember correctly, the collar on the Mytailor shirt had longer "points" and the collar is slightly higher.....the duplication of the RLPL collar is very good though and you can only really tell the difference when you have the two shirts side by side. I would definitely recommend Mytailor around the $75 custom made price point. They offer a great deal of customization on their shirts... I will double check when I find my tape measure and post the results...

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a contrast/spread/cutaway collar fan, but only small timers put "vox" in the titles of their threads. He should want to click/post in it off of GP.

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a greta shirt, I have one similar to it that I also love. I don't really get the Monogram in the neck, no one is going to see it there.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bowtielover
It's a greta shirt, I have one similar to it that I also love. I don't really get the Monogram in the neck, no one is going to see it there.

Moreover, it seems as if there are two monograms on the shirt. A bit of overkill, no?

fox81

Reaction score

Sorry about the wrinkles....I pulled it out of the hamper to take the pics..LOL!!

WTF? Were you taking the shirt on a picnic?

bigasahouse

Reaction score
Maybe that's the allure- not flashing it in everyone's face. I thought it was kind of cool.
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
Moreover, it seems as if there are two monograms on the shirt. A bit of overkill, no?
These are two different shirts from different members, I believe.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
just wash the shirts twice\\press well
take 5 photos
4 with the shirt tucked in and cuffs fastened. front back, both sides.

1 front shot with shirt untucked and sleeves un fastened.
no need for that arms held out shot. that one is useless.

who care what the shipping package looks like!

Carl

JR_Rider

Reaction score
Each shirt only has one monogram.....his has it on the inside of the shirt below the collar, mine is on my left cuff.....
Originally Posted by fox81
WTF? Were you taking the shirt on a picnic?
LOL!!! No, I just had a bunch of other clothes on top of it and it's been there a while.... These are two different shirts from different members, I believe.[/quote] Yes, you are looking at two different shirts. The first shirt is one the original poster just received and was posting to provide a review and critique of his mytailor shirt. I posted my shirt, because I thought it was rather funny that of all the fabrics mytailor has, that two people chose the exact same with and both of us selected a variation of the Keaton spread collar......although his cuffs are the same color of the body while mine are white.....

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was surfing the mytailor website and I noticed that it seems primarily catered to clienteles in the US. Can someone from Europe or NZ order through the website?

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure on that one......I have had this shirt about 3 years and actually sent them measurements of a RLPL Keaton spread collar and asked them to use the same measurements although when comparing the two shirts, the measurements are slightly different......I couldn't find my tape measure to measure the points and the spread but here's a side by side comparison......

CIMG2645.jpg

I doubt that because if I remember correctly, the collar on the Mytailor shirt had longer "points" and the collar is slightly higher.....the duplication of the RLPL collar is very good though and you can only really tell the difference when you have the two shirts side by side. I would definitely recommend Mytailor around the $75 custom made price point. They offer a great deal of customization on their shirts...

I will double check when I find my tape measure and post the results...

From that pic alone, it seems they did a pretty good job duplicating the Keaton collar for you. Measurements might not be exactly the same, but the resulting effect is quite similar. Well done.

Originally Posted by bigbris1
I'm a contrast/spread/cutaway collar fan, but only small timers put "vox" in the titles of their threads. He should want to click/post in it off of GP.

I am definitely not a big timer, nor a small timer. I am a no timer.

Originally Posted by bigasahouse
Maybe that's the allure- not flashing it in everyone's face. I thought it was kind of cool.

These are two different shirts from different members, I believe.

Exactly. I've had monograms placed on the pocket or cuff in the past but quickly got over the novelty of having a visible monogram. I like that I and the lady who strips the clothes off my back are the only ones who know it's even there. Well, I guess you guys have now seen it too.

ADD much? Please try to keep up with the rest of the class.

Originally Posted by Shirtmaven
just wash the shirts twice\\press well
take 5 photos
4 with the shirt tucked in and cuffs fastened. front back, both sides.

1 front shot with shirt untucked and sleeves un fastened.
no need for that arms held out shot. that one is useless.

who care what the shipping package looks like!

Carl

Will do Carl. I would definitely be interested in your thoughts on how the shirt fits on me. Actually, this is/was my plan B shirt. Plan A was to have something similar made by CEGO. Unfortunately, my short visit in NYC last August didn't allow me enough time to pay you a visit and get the fittings I thought were necessary. The shipping package shot was my nod to Henry Boogers' recent MTM shirt review thread.

Yes, you are looking at two different shirts. The first shirt is one the original poster just received and was posting to provide a review and critique of his mytailor shirt. I posted my shirt, because I thought it was rather funny that of all the fabrics mytailor has, that two people chose the exact same with and both of us selected a variation of the Keaton spread collar......although his cuffs are the same color of the body while mine are white.....

Word.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Each shirt only has one monogram.....his has it on the inside of the shirt below the collar, mine is on my left cuff.....

Sorry, was a bit sleep deprived and delirious when reading this last night.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads