• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heads up on GAP Chambray shirt.

Helix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why would anyone NOT enjoy pasta?

Helix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
biopasta.JPG
no excuse.

nonissue

Reaction score
Can this thread become a pasta discussion? I think that would contribute more to the progress of this forum.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nonissue
Can this thread become a pasta discussion? I think that would contribute more to the progress of this forum.
Interesting, but "I'm above this" pasta discussion as well and 99% of the population can't discern regular pasta from gluten free pasta nor would they give a **** so what's the point?

nonissue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Interesting, but "I'm above this" pasta discussion as well and 99% of the population can't discern regular pasta from gluten free pasta nor would they give a **** so what's the point?

You elitist bastard. Well, I don't give a ****. I got my pasta for 11 dollars so why the **** should I care what it tastes like? IT WAS PRACTICALLY FREE.

Helix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've only read a few of the hilarious and even contradictory posts in the last page and find those few posts quite amusing. This is pasta being discussed here for f**k's sake. And "good tooth" is all relative so that argument is goofy at best. For example, Barilla has the texture of plastic wrapped in soggy toilet paper no matter how you cook it and i'm far from a foodie, but then again I like most of my pasta to be soft (not al dente). For others who like a more toothy pasta; however, Barilla probably works well as some have stated.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Helix
I've only read a few of the hilarious and even contradictory posts in the last page and find those few posts quite amusing. This is pasta being discussed here for f**k's sake. And "good tooth" is all relative so that argument is goofy at best. For example, San Giorgio has the texture of plastic wrapped in soggy toilet paper no matter how you cook it and i'm far from a foodie, but then again I like most of my pasta to be al dente (not soft). For others who like a more toothy pasta; however, San Giorgio probably works well as some have stated.

Excellent! Fixed it for you though.

Helix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was actually intentional :p

Now back to discussing our favorite carby goodness.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Helix
That was actually intentional :p

Now back to discussing our favorite carby goodness.

I figured! I like where this thread is going. Well played.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hand make my own pasta from single-farm wheat ground on an old water-wheel powered stone mill. I use artesian well water that has been filtered for 60 thousand years under the ozarks. Free range chicken eggs and a pinch of salt distilled from the tears of children.

I'll sell it for $500/pound. Who's in?

*erm.. i actually do make my own pasta, though. Cheap and easy, very tasty.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bought this today and some flannels, had a 25% off coupon.

Ohhai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nonissue

I agree with the originator of the inability to determine plastic as versus metal buttons.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads