• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canada Goose

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BIG just got some new CG stuff in and it's pretty fresh. Some special down filled corduroy jacket collection plus some stuff from the Japanese CG line.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice stuff, hard on the pockets the Japanese line.

Elmo

Reaction score
what is that jacket? where can I buy it?

Originally Posted by chiral
I don't know if this applies to this jacket, but on most other CG jackets the handwarmer pockets are actually on the sides of the upper pockets, not the lower.

The CG logo is pretty interesting in that it's a really ****** version of the real United States Antarctic Program logo, which incidentally is on the standard issue jackets made by CG. I guess they really liked it but obviously couldn't use the real thing. Heres a shot of my issue parka with the USAP patch:
IMG_2043.jpg

If you really like the jacket go for it, these things are practically indestructible.

Elmo

Reaction score
to return to the start of this thread, I tried every vendor of the CG web site...no luck. same with gear up.

does anyone have a source for the photo jacket?

thumbphp.jpg

Originally Posted by Jbreen1
I've been looking around for this Canada Goose photo jacket and I don't think any of their online retailers have it. Anybody know anywhere you can get these? I have no plans of using it for photography which is what it is made for. I just want it as a storm shell/rain jacket and use it to layer a fleece or something underneath in the winter.
http://www.canada-goose.com/122pr_photo_jacket.htm

hchc

Reaction score
BIG just got some new CG stuff in and it's pretty fresh. Some special down filled corduroy jacket collection plus some stuff from the Japanese CG line.
What's BIG? Do they have an online store?

chroMe

Reaction score
photographer jacket: harry rosen

Was thinking of getting the manitoba jacket for scooter riding from uncle otis - who said they will ship to my hotel saving me a trip to toronto whilst visiting montreal. lovely.

JaPo

Reaction score
2nathdh.jpg

Could one endeavour for their jacket to look as good as this? Most examples I've seen have an almost completely different fit.

Elmo

Reaction score
to return to the start of this thread, I tried every vendor of the CG web site...no luck. same with gear up does anyone have a source for the photo jacket?.
Now at Gear Up

ville_e

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JaPo
2nathdh.jpg

Could one endeavour for their jacket to look as good as this? Most examples I've seen have an almost completely different fit.

He got a smaller size.. that explains the fit.

ville_e

Reaction score
Anybody have a constable? I was thinking of getting one but I'm not so sure about those side zippers. They seem like they would look marsupialed.

I recommend the constable. It looks really nice and I've been very happy with it. The zippers don't look bad IMO.

chroMe

Reaction score
I looked at some styles and they are wayyy to warm for the climate I'm in and the photographer jacket has a hideola plastic pocket down the left arm. As an aside, for the gym, I bought a cap and a tshirt at a sporting goods shop on St Denis, in Montreal.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody own the Freestyle vest?
What is the fit like?

BrooklynHighpost

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JaPo
2nathdh.jpg

That pic from Sartorialist is what got me to order a CG, thought it was slim fit like the pic. Tried it and promptly return it, it doesn't look anything like the pic. You might have to down 2 size to look like that. The actual jacket is like a armor, supposedly to protect you if you are in Antartica, way too warm even in the NYC Jan weather.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads