• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a cat?

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
max.jpg
Max and my guinea pigs

videogeek

Reaction score
Love cats, and would definitely have one if I wasn't allergic to just about anything with fur.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
<grrrrr...i dont have a cat; i eatz them
doggie.jpg

GiantCat eats dogs.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate domestic cats. They are useful only for causing allergic reactions.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
That fur looks so lush.

His fur is the plushiest, most cashmere like cat fur I've ever seen. His huge, brawny front paws/arms are like padded velvet. We had no idea he was going to turn out so spectacular.

Copious

Reaction score
I want a cat, but I live with my parents, both of whom hate pets, and I'm about to go off to college, where I can almost guarantee the dorms won't allow pets. So no cat for me.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
It's pretty much a rule that straight men are not allowed to own cats.

what if said straight man is married to a woman who likes cats... huh?

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
His fur is the plushiest, most cashmere like cat fur I've ever seen. His huge, brawny front paws/arms are like padded velvet. We had no idea he was going to turn out so spectacular.

Pio - That is a good looking cat. What are the cool ones called (Maine ****, Norwegian, etc.) - forest cats? I love 'em....

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
Pio - That is a good looking cat. What are the cool ones called (Maine ****, Norwegian, etc.) - forest cats? I love 'em....

Thanks Roma. Maximus Giganticus is a pure bred ragdoll, reputed to be the largest breed of domestic cat. He's the biggest cat our breeder ever produced.

Agreed, Maines and Norwegians are big and beautiful too. Not sure what breed we'll get to replace our older female (a tabby we got for free from neighbors almost 12 years ago), but we're talking both those breeds. I don't want to go raggie again, because no matter what everyone tells you, they shed like a mo-fo.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Aloysius is a 'shorthaired domestic' (acording to his voluminous vet chart) that we adopted 9 years ago. I call him a 'tuxedo' (
marchal.gif
- black w/ white bib ). I'm conivnced he's got some lab in him (
crazy.gif
) - until recently he played a lot of fetch, comes into the shower, and sits there nicely as the kids maul him. Follows me around from room to room. The couple of big gatherings we've had he wanders around through people's legs saying hello....

Catz Rool!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
Aloysius is a 'shorthaired domestic' (acording to his voluminous vet chart) that we adopted 9 years ago. I call him a 'tuxedo' (
marchal.gif
- black w/ white bib ). I'm conivnced he's got some lab in him (
crazy.gif
) - until recently he played a lot of fetch, comes into the shower, and sits there nicely as the kids maul him. Follows me around from room to room. The couple of big gatherings we've had he wanders around through people's legs saying hello....

Catz Rool!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Sounds like a cool cat.

FWIW, I'm one of those rare people that likes both dogs and cats. My wife is a definite cat person and we only have cats, as dogs are like fuzzy, developmentally disabled two year olds for life. Cats crap in a box and don't get neurotic if you are only awake three hours a day at home.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads