• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Alden Indy Boots

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can someone post "real world" vintage indy pics?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
The obvious answer is to collect the entire set. Standard, cordovan 8, snuff suede, black cordo.
allindylc5.jpg
Black cordo, whiskey, 8.
cordoindys.jpg
Whiskey
whiskyindy.jpg
I've got a pair of ultimates too, just no pic. If I had to pick a single pair, I'd probably go with the the ultimates though.

i can only come up with a one-smiley response to this pic:
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
or maybe
worship.gif

Eagle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
The obvious answer is to collect the entire set.
Whiskey
whiskyindy.jpg

Hoping not to come off appearing rude but, where in the world did you find whiskey cord Indy boots? Talk about the ultimate Indy boot!
inlove.gif

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
They were all from Leather Soul except for the standards.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Makes me wish the TruBalance last fit me better. On the bright side, at least this way I don't have to choose between the Kudu and Ultimate Indy.

One of the few shoes I like better in calf than cordovan.

randob300

Reaction score
Just picked up the standard 405 from Alden. After a few coats of Obenauf's LP, I'm very happy with them. Also impressed with the slip resistance and quietness of the neoprene sole.

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randob300
Just picked up the standard 405 from Alden. After a few coats of Obenauf's LP, I'm very happy with them. Also impressed with the slip resistance and quietness of the neoprene sole.

Can you post pics? I don't like the color of the standard but am curious how they appear after 3 coats of Obenauf's. Thanks!

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
Makes me wish the TruBalance last fit me better. On the bright side, at least this way I don't have to choose between the Kudu and Ultimate Indy.

One of the few shoes I like better in calf than cordovan.

I'm actually with you here (though I'm less in love with cordovan than some here generally I guess). I like the Indy boot with some wear, scuffs, scratches, and aging on it. A shiny Indy boot isn't for me. Love the kudu though. If I had the money, I think that might be my choice.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just wanted to say that these Leather Soul Kudu Indy's are just awesome

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vernon-Dozier
Can you post pics? I don't like the color of the standard but am curious how they appear after 3 coats of Obenauf's. Thanks!

I'd like to see this too.

mg428

Reaction score
So anyone who can post some real world photos of his vintage indy??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads