• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
Exchanging or inciting children to post photos of their genitalia
Reality check. People assumed the photo was a joke and it turned out to be a close-up of a male person's underwear. No way to determine the person's age, no face. Somebody claimed it was the OP and that the OP was 16. We have no way of knowing.

Calling this "children genitalia" is a stretch.

Originally Posted by Lady Canuker
I couldn't agree more. Being a Mother, even the thought of this makes me feel sick.
I think you may not have followed precisely what happened. It was poor judgement, maybe, but not that bad. Rach summarized what happened quite well.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Etienne - ppl were ASKING to see the penis of someone who has PREVIOUSLY POSTED HIS AGE AS 15.

Inexcusable.

Agnacious

Reaction score
It annoys me to keep seeing the "America f***ing sucks" posting from DTs on the front page.
I realize it was a failed attempt at parody humour, but still...

I am also trying to change the conversation from penis to anything.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
nonsense. the great thing about DT it is it a safehaven for jews, homosexuals and pedos. where will they go?

Originally Posted by m@T
Etienne - ppl were ASKING to see the penis of someone who has PREVIOUSLY POSTED HIS AGE AS 15.

Inexcusable.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
deleted for tasteless. Please ban me.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^my mistake. and men's clothing.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
^my mistake. and men's clothing.

entire forvm = homerseckshal safehaven

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
Why is 16 your magic number? What about 17? What about 15? What if standards are different in another country or another time? What if I looked at them 20 years ago? [/Roman Polanski Threadtrolling]

18 is mine. I also posted a very stern warning a few days ago abt linking ANY Appreciation. This is not a democracy. Feel free to argue with me from oblivion. It's now 3.30 am and I am dealing with all this while I am on holiday in Australia. Test my mood.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hunan sczechuan safe haven

Originally Posted by RJman
entire forvm = homerseckshal safehaven

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
hunan sczechuan safe word haven

now I am hungy

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah, no reason for Appreciation here. enough sites like that around IMO.

Originally Posted by m@T
18 is mine. I also posted a very stern warning a few days ago abt linking ANY Appreciation. This is not a democracy. Feel free to argue with me from oblivion. It's now 3.30 am and I am dealing with all this while I am on holiday in Australia. Test my mood.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seriously, just close DT.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
threakcrapping in Transparent Mod thread = autoban
uhoh.gif
No way. He is WGWAG.
413 (= 88+14+311)
Don't get all vox on us. When will Ambrosi have your bike shorts ready?
I learned it from watching you, Dad!
Originally Posted by m@T
I was kidding. I have no desire to test your mood.
smile.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
maybe we should just close DT.

Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Gee, whatever do you mean? [/wallogina threak]

Anyway, closing DT won't really solve the problem of bad judgment; it will just result in people posting weird/nasty **** in regular forums.

Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Seriously, just close DT.

I'm ambivalent about closing DT. On the one hand, I like it - not as much as I once did, and perhaps part of that is seeing it in a downward trend of idiocy and smarm. I don't know where people get the idea that it's a safe playground for stupid crap, other than it being restricted access, and I think it beats posting funny threads in other sub-fora and hoping people catch on to the humor.

But on the other hand, if people decide that DT is a safe haven for a race to the gutter, then I am just not interested. I think that the sub-forum description ("...Often NSFW") on the directory is probably a waving red flag that people are taking as license to post the outrageous. (You've labeled it as likely NSFW, therefore, it's okay to post my NSFW stuff there.)

I see three things that would work:
1. Senior member shout-downs or ignores at the really dumb crap posted
2. Time-outs and bans for NSFW/serious trolling/Appreciation (with a pinned thread much like the standards of CE behavior)
3. Close DT for a time.

I'd prefer to see 1 and 2 working together, if I had a say.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^ I mostly want to see it shut down because:

a) I waste too much of my life there.
b) Most of the threads are uncreative and lame. We've been through this before, but there is a difference between smart dumb and dumb dumb. I admit I sometimes fall into the latter but more often that not I try for the first, whereas some posters don't seem to see the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads