• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What wallet do you use?

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spacemanvt
anyone have any comments on the jean shop natural wallet? I am considering picking one up
http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=314

its sold out on context but you can order it on jean shops website.

i like it but its pricey compared to the tanner wallet. theyre pretty much the same **** but the tanner one is about half the price

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i tried a tanner wallet but i couldnt find all my cards in it properly so i had to next it. sigh

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chung Knox
I've had a large natural Jean Shop wallet for about 2 months. Picked it up at Hollander & Lexer in Brooklyn. It's just starting to break in nicely. Made in Spain.

can u post pics?
i would love to see!

Chung Knox

Reaction score
Sure -- I will try to take pics later tonight but might not be able to post them for a day or two. The guy at the shop showed me his 5-yr old wallet, and it had developed a rich black patina. I was considering the small wallet, but I'm glad I got the larger. I have too much stuff to carry around these days.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another vote for Coach water buffalo - I have the card case in tan. I think they can be had at Coach outlets for as low as $20 or so during sales. It's not tan anymore though; has darkened considerably in the 2-3 years I've had it. Looks pretty cool. Other than that, shows no signs of wearing out anytime soon.
IMG_7783.JPG

caecus

Reaction score
A good friend of mine turned me on to güs wallets, and been interested in replacing my 12 year old Jurine wallet with one of these. Has anyone had experiences with any of their products and care to share?

Two options:

HorizWalletExt.jpg

güs horizontal wallet

The link above has an alternate view of the wallet.

and

ccase.jpg

güs card case

Thanks in advance for any input.

dmass1

Reaction score
I'm considering buying a tanner bifold wallet. can anyone add any input on the quality of the wallet? Will the natural leather age well? Also, I normally hold about 5 or 6 cards counting my I'd and I'm worried the 4 slots won't be enough. Are the slots deep enough to hold two cards? I like a slim, small wallet. Can anyone recommend any other natural/tan slim bifold wallets <75$?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
For the winter months, have gone to using my derek alexander breast pocket wallet. I have more room to carry this in winter when I have coat and jacket pockets. I prefer this over my small military wallet because the cash pockets are very convenient (I can use the different slots for different denominations, and also keep a blank check or two) and the card holders are nice.

ma1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmass1
I'm considering buying a tanner bifold wallet. can anyone add any input on the quality of the wallet? Will the natural leather age well? Also, I normally hold about 5 or 6 cards counting my I'd and I'm worried the 4 slots won't be enough. Are the slots deep enough to hold two cards? I like a slim, small wallet. Can anyone recommend any other natural/tan slim bifold wallets <75$?
mullohand bros makes a bunch of really nice natural wallets http://shopmulholland.com/catalog.htm?Line=Wallets theres a bunch on ebay that can be had for quite a bit cheaper the bifold is also rebranded and sold by j peterman as the 'right stuff' wallet, if you search here im pretty sure theres a member that has one and posted pictures of it aged

Smahatma

Reaction score
Les Essentials cardholder with removable money clip

wantburntclip1_large.jpg

wantburntclip2_large.jpg

ajchen

Reaction score
The Tanner leather does indeed age nicely... here's my natural tan cardholder at the one year mark... no mink oil was used on it; just regular, everyday use.

_mg_1501.jpg

Originally Posted by dmass1

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah they really does age well. I'll try get a better pics soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads