• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I don't get requesting pics of a dude's schlong, particularly if said dood first posts a pic of himself in a dress
confused.gif
Maybe I'm too old school and this is something that the youngsters (and foo) regularly do now.

"what up dude"
"nothing"
"got a pic of you weiner?"

+1 Agreed

Originally Posted by philosophe

+1. I think that Rach's intuitions about this kid were correct.

+1

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
maybe we should just close DT.
Gee, whatever do you mean? [/wallogina threak] Anyway, closing DT won't really solve the problem of bad judgment; it will just result in people posting weird/nasty **** in regular forums.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was honestly shocked by the thread. Way, way, way over the line.

I found out last night that even Reddit has a CP (well, post-pubescent at least) reddit. Was thoroughly disgusted. I think the official reaction to CP and the like has been over the top in recent years, but at the same time, people need to play by the ******* rules. I don't care what your justification is. Adults looking at the genitalia of individuals under the age of 16 is ******* wrong.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Gee, whatever do you mean? [/wallogina threak] Anyway, closing DT won't really solve the problem of bad judgment; it will just result in people posting weird/nasty **** in regular forums.
and then we'll ban them and they won't say 'but it's dt where anything goes, where's ur sensahumor man?'

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
and then we'll ban them and they won't say 'but it's dt where anything goes, where's ur sensahumor man?'
fing02[1].gif

Why is it so difficult to understand that DT is not a license to post something that would otherwise be impermissible to post?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
I was honestly shocked by the thread. Way, way, way over the line. I found out last night that even Reddit has a CP (well, post-pubescent at least) reddit. Was thoroughly disgusted. I think the official reaction to CP and the like has been over the top in recent years, but at the same time, people need to play by the ******* rules. I don't care what your justification is. Adults looking at the genitalia of individuals under the age of 16 is ******* wrong.
There was bad judgment on that thread, I agree. HOWEVER, the people on the thread in question had no idea... and still don't.... how old the OP was. He could be a troll. As the thread continued, it was my intuition that the OP perhaps had some problems and may not have been of age, at which time I tried to change the direction of the thread and mentioned as much. It was then (rightly) squirreled. I agree that the thread was over the line, but before you go being all "Won't you think about the children!!?!"... a little focus/reality helps. As well, I will recap the thread because I think some members are blowing things out of proportion. 1) Junior member posts "Do you like my dress?" in DUMB THREADS. It's a pic of a person of unknown gender wearing a women's pantsuit/skirt. First few posters assume it is a girl. 2) Someone mentions that the member is male (from reading another thread). Then some member makes the joke about "proving" it. 3) OP SAYS "Pic Sent" on the forum. 4) Several members think this is a joke and, in DT, make some dumb comments like, "OH really, lemme see!" 5) Turns out it wasn't a joke. The picture was forwarded to me by another member (NOT the oP). The pic was not nude, nor was there any way to determine age or anything. It was a pic of a pair of underwear, basically. 6) OP then mentions he is having some issues with gender/identity problems and appears NOt to be a troll and maybe has some real problems. 7) The thread gets squirreled. SO, in short, nobody was trying to promote kiddy Appreciation, soliciting it, nor approving of it. I think EVERYBODY thought the "Pic sent" was just a Dumb Threads joke. Let's end it before it gets more blown out of proportion.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
fing02[1].gif
Why is it so difficult to understand that DT is not a license to post something that would otherwise be impermissible to post?

I don't know if anyone really reads the rules. Hell, I haven't. I once received a time-out for posting visible vag in a thread (it was a painting, but whatever). So I figure you just have to label it as NSFW. Also you can swear. Both seem reasonable. Exchanging or inciting children to post photos of their genitalia isn't just distasteful and across the forum line, but also illegal. I don't see the issue here. -Don't post ******** or nipples; -If you link to them, use an NSFW tag; -No over-the-top avatars; -Don't do **** that's illegal, for Christ's sake.

Lady Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Adults looking at the genitalia of individuals under the age of 16 is ******* wrong.

I couldn't agree more. Being a Mother, even the thought of this makes me feel sick.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc

This is fair, you're right, you didn't actually expect to receive real photos of a kid's dick, and I'm sure you did have honest intentions. I think there were some other posters there who were actively encouraging it, however. And if the OP was a troll, they were over the line from the beginning.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is fair, you're right, you didn't actually expect to receive real photos of a kid's dick, and I'm sure you did have honest intentions. I think there were some other posters there who were actively encouraging it, however. And if the OP was a troll, they were over the line from the beginning.
+1. Like I said, not a good showing by anybody. Hopefully this, and the wallogina threak, will show all of us to be a little more careful, not just in what we post, but in how we "joke" around and implicitly encourage activity we wouldn't otherwise.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
that kid posted his age in response to my question in the sleeping with friends thread.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Adults looking at the genitalia of individuals under the age of 16 is ******* wrong.

Why is 16 your magic number? What about 17? What about 15? What if standards are different in another country or another time? What if I looked at them 20 years ago? [/Roman Polanski Threadtrolling]

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
Why is 16 your magic number? What about 17? What about 15? What if standards are different in another country or another time? What if I looked at them 20 years ago? [/Roman Polanski Threadtrolling]

threakcrapping in Transparent Mod thread = autoban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics