• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Florsheim Duckie Brown Photos

Mild Mannered

Reaction score
Since there's been some talk recently about the Florsheim Duckie Brown line,
I thought I would make a thread with photos & links so we can all browse together.

Some reading:
Many photos here:
Hangover Observations: Everything Duckie at Scoop's Florsheim Launch
http://racked.com/archives/2009/06/2..._brown.php?o=1
Hangover Observations: Florsheim by Duckie Brown Brings Fans Flocking to Confederacy
http://la.racked.com/archives/2009/0...onfederacy.php
Florsheim By Duckie Brown: Patriot Boot
http://fashionindie.com/florsheim-by...-patriot-boot/
http://drinkinanddronin.wordpress.co...-duckie-brown/

Some photos:
3660482968_98383827f1_o.jpg

picture-1.png

duckie-brown-on-nylon1.jpg

duckie-brown-in-details.jpg

gview-8.png

gview-9.png

gview-10.png

gview-11.png

gview-12.png

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried them on and was not impressed. The last is terrible and blobby with a horrible construction. They look like Stacy Adams shoes for white hipsters.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
saw the blue wingtips and the brown brogue boot IRL, very very un-impressed. same stiff leather as regular Imperials but in skittles colors.

guyapprentice

Reaction score
saw these at saks, quality subpar for price point...better to stick with aldens

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I saw a pair or two recently at Bloomingdale's, or at least something that looks similar to the right most shoe:
picture-1.png
They did not look that great...and my girlfriend even pointed them out for being such an odd/ugly color (the shoe looked to be a bit more "sickly yellow" in the store). I did not closely inspect for quality/fit.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^^Are those supposed to have no laces? Do they have an elastic gusset or something?

Too bad, I was hoping the longwings would be nice.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They're made in India.

Some of them use leather from Horween, but I don't know which ones.

NHorween

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
They're made in India.

Some of them use leather from Horween, but I don't know which ones.

Some of colors are our leather - yellow, both blues, bone, red/burgundy, and, of course, the shell.

http://horween.wordpress.com/2009/07...-duckie-brown/

I can't speak on the construction, as I only saw a couple of the shoes very briefly, but it didn't seem unreasonable. I will say that they're taking a renewed interest in materials and construction, so even if some of you (and you may be right) feel like the product is missing the mark, it's a marked step in the right direction.

I'm, as always, more than willing to answer any leather questions.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Tactfully said, Nick.

Not to say that there's anything inherently wrong with making them in India, but if they're really going after the Florsheim-retro vibe and charm, they really should be making them in the US. Especially if they're going to be priced in the AE to Alden range.

NHorween

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imatlas
Tactfully said, Nick.

Not to say that there's anything inherently wrong with making them in India, but if they're really going after the Florsheim-retro vibe and charm, they really should be making them in the US. Especially if they're going to be priced in the AE to Alden range.

I think everything should be made in the US, so I'm useless in this conversation
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics