• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apple f***ing sucks

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
So you make a habit of trolling Kiton threads too?
I'm sorry, I don't read the clothing forums.

laugh.gif
This is Style Forum and you don`t read the clothing forums?
laugh.gif
What do you come here to do? Spread your cult?

I'm not the one who came in here looking for a fight. Everyone was getting along just fine until you started your antics. You must have chosen to come in here and exhibit the behavior you did for a reason. I'm wondering why.

It was clear that you came in this thread and either didn't read the OP when he said how much he was pissed off at the propaganda and marketing of Apple, or read it and purposefully decided to antagonize him and everyone else in this thread with your sales pitch. Then when a number of people called you on it, you accused us of being to blame for your actions.
Everyone is getting along fine before and after my post. You are the only one worked up about my post.

What, do you want me to apologize for misleading you all those years and making you not buy an Apple? I'm sorry, but you are a big boy and you make your own decisions. You came in here to troll, I'm treating you like one.
I made my own decision. I would not say my decision has nothing to do with marketing, or nothing to with online reviews, or even nothing to with posts I have read here, including yours. In the end though, I made my decision based on my computer needs and I am happy with it. If there are threads on computers or software in the future, and I feel like pitching in, I will share whatever I feel like sharing...not what you think I should share.

Of course, I think you should continue to share you ideas/options as well, but maybe not as aggressively.
smile.gif

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Every PC I have owned (including the one I'm typing this message on) has been about as reliable as a yugo. The macs I have owned have generally been pretty good, although one had hardware problems. I think their relative good-ness peaked with the G4 running os9 though; when all you have to compete with is microsoft, you have very little incentive to maintain a high standard of quality and efficiency. Snow Leopard could basically be garbage and it'd still be a few steps up from vista. My next laptop will be a mac, but only if they make a really tiny one like the mini vaio:
3198143747_45f470047d.jpg

Otherwise I'll just get something small like that.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
Of course, I think you should continue to share you ideas/options as well, but maybe not as aggressively.
smile.gif

Thats cool. Whenever you get frustrated with something and voice your displeasure, I'll make it a point from now on to come into the thread and pick at it and exploit it, and essentially taunt you like you did to the OP here. Just because It's my personal experience and I feel like it's my right to do so. I need to share all of my experiences with everyone just in case I might someday influence somebody to do something!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
I think their relative good-ness peaked with the G4 running os9 though;
Really? Yikes. Can you explain why you want a Mac, but only if they make one like a Sony Mini Vaio? Why not just get the Vaio? FWIW, how "bad" Vista is has been blown way out of proportion. Is it comparatively the greatest thing ever released? No. Is it better than XP? Yes.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? Yikes.

Can you explain why you want a Mac, but only if they make one like a Sony Mini Vaio? Why not just get the Vaio?

FWIW, how "bad" Vista is has been blown way out of proportion. Is it comparatively the greatest thing ever released? No. Is it better than XP? Yes.

Uhh....keep your software reviews regarding a specific brand of software to yourself. You were not directly addressed by the OP regarding this, and no one asked your opinion on the Vaio or Windows Vista.
laugh.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Uhh....keep your software reviews regarding a specific brand of software to yourself. You were not directly addressed by the OP regarding this, and no one asked your opinion on the Vaio or Windows Vista.
laugh.gif

You are an incredible prick. Congratulations. I hope you are happy with how this all worked out for you.

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You`re using the wrong term. All computers are PCs so you should use the term "Non Apple Computer." If you don`t you are ignorant.

eh.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Viktri
eh.gif

He's trying to come of as completely ignorant, so that he's free to behave like an asshole without any consequences. He's acting like a ***** because I pointed out that Macs are in fact, personal computers earlier and that Apple is a PC manufacturer. It even says it in the very first Apple ad you posted.
smile.gif
Don't bother trying to help him or correct his terminology designed to mislead and obfuscate, he'll just make fun of all your "fancy education"and mock you even though he's clearly wrong. I'm just "sharing my personal experiences" here. Am I playing this game right Dragon?

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eh.gif

He's trying to come of as completely ignorant, so that he's free to behave like an asshole without any consequences. Don't bother trying to help him or correct his terminology designed to mislead and obfuscate, he'll just make fun of all your "fancy education"and mock you even though he's clearly wrong. I'm just "sharing my personal experiences" here. Am I playing this game right Dragon?
You should be happy I was correcting his ignorance for you...acting on behalf of your cult. You are the one who said it was ignorant to use the term PC to describe Windows based computers. Or is it OK if Windows users use the term in an "ignorant" way (per TS description...not mine)

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
You should be happy I was correcting his ignorance for you...acting on behalf of your cult. You are the one who said it was ignorant to use the term PC to describe Windows based computers. Or is it OK if Windows users use the term in an "ignorant" way (per TS description...not mine)
You missed the point of my correction. As usual, you fail to "get" anything. I can only assume that it's on purpose. You cannot just say PC's do X or PC's are bad, or every PC I've ever owned is a *************, and then turn around and say that Macs are great. The Mac is a PC. See, this is the main fallacy in the Mac vs. PC argument. There are hundreds of PC manufacturers. Apple is not criticizing "PC's" like ASUS, HP, Dell, Compaq, Acer, Lenovo, etc. It can't because there is literally no competition. Macs are made of the same parts than most of the other big players use. It is criticizing Windows. It is intended to create a separation between other PC's and itself by creating a division between Apple and other manufacturers to create a false sense of value. While criticizing something completely different. Windows is an operating system. Not a computer. It creates a false perspective with which people view Macs. Not understanding this is ignorance, and it's ignorance supported and propagated by Mac themselves, and those that regurgitate Mac slogans.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
after I used the term "PC" many times to describe Windows based computers...you said...

By the way, Macintosh computers ARE PC's. I wish people would get this straight. Are you talking about Windows users? Linux? Who precisely do you mean, when you say "PC users"? Everyone on this forum is a PC user.

then you went on to say that the correct term was "Non Apple Computer" user.

You missed the point of my correction. As usual, you fail to "get" anything. I can only assume that it's on purpose.

You cannot just say PC's do X or PC's are bad, or every PC I've ever owned is a *************, and then turn around and say that Macs are great. The Mac is a PC.

See, this is the main fallacy in the Mac vs. PC argument. There are hundreds of PC manufacturers. Apple is not criticizing "PC's" It is criticizing Windows. Windows is an operating system. Not a computer. It creates a false perspective with which people view Macs. Not understanding this is ignorance, and it's ignorance supported and propagated by Mac themselves, and those that regurgitate Mac slogans.

then when other "Non Apple Computer" users repeatedly use the term "PC" in the same thread to describe the same thing I was describing, it is OK? I guess not, since I am a Mac user and brainwashed by all the marketing hype
laugh.gif

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You missed the point of my correction. As usual, you fail to "get" anything. I can only assume that it's on purpose.

You cannot just say PC's do X or PC's are bad, or every PC I've ever owned is a *************, and then turn around and say that Macs are great. The Mac is a PC.

See, this is the main fallacy in the Mac vs. PC argument. There are hundreds of PC manufacturers. Apple is not criticizing "PC's" It is criticizing Windows. It decided to create a separation between other PC's and itself by creating a division between themselves and other manufacturers to create a false sense of value. Windows is an operating system. Not a computer. It creates a false perspective with which people view Macs. Not understanding this is ignorance, and it's ignorance supported and propagated by Mac themselves, and those that regurgitate Mac slogans.

Something went wrong with my reply.

I was going to point out that the confusion stems from Mac's terminology. On the Apple homepage it's "Why your next PC should be a Mac" but in the commercials they say "PC versus Mac" when it should be "Windows VS Mac" because Mac is technically a PC per Apple.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
then you went on to say that the correct term was "Non Apple Computer" user.
No I didn't. Making **** up? Awesome debating technique.
then when other "Non Apple Computer" users repeatedly use the term "PC" in the same thread to describe the same thing I was describing, it is OK? I guess not, since I am a Mac user and brainwashed by all the marketing hype
laugh.gif
You use a PC. I use a PC. Everyone posting here uses a PC. I said that before and I'll say it again. We are all PC users. I even asked if you meant to say Windows users, or Linux users or what. You never answered me, because you'd rather argue and be a dick.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Something went wrong with my reply.

I was going to point out that the confusion stems from Mac's terminology. On the Apple homepage it's "Why your next PC should be a Mac" but in the commercials they say "PC versus Mac" when it should be "Windows VS Mac" because Mac is technically a PC per Apple.

I completely agree.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, I agree you are right, but when most people use the term "PC" these days, they are referring to non-Apple computers. That`s just the way the term is used...even by Non Apple Computer users, as seen in this thread. So for you to specific call me out on using the term "PC" in that way, and say I am "ignorant" for using the term is off base.

See, this is the main fallacy in the Mac vs. PC argument. There are hundreds of PC manufacturers. Apple is not criticizing "PC's" It is criticizing Windows. It decided to create a separation between other PC's and itself by creating a division between themselves and other manufacturers to create a false sense of value. Windows is an operating system. Not a computer. It creates a false perspective with which people view Macs. Not understanding this is ignorance, and it's ignorance supported and propagated by Mac themselves, and those that regurgitate Mac slogans.
See, you even use the term "PC" yourself to describe non Apple computers.

You raise a good point about the operating systems, etc., but that`s marketing...everyone does it. Apple sells most of their stuff in a package...some people buy...that`s it. I would not go as far as saying they are deceiving people or selling a false sense of security though. They are just playing on their strengths to sell more of their products, as any company should.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads