• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apple f***ing sucks

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have my sympathy, Douglas. On the bright side, the resale value of Macs are fairly decent. Put yours up on craigslist and I'm sure some fanboy will pay full retail for it. Then you can get something decent, like a Thinkpad or something.
lurker[1].gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
To sum up this thread: OP: This Mac i just bought sucks, it doesn't work. I was led to believe that it would be easy to use, and make it easier to do things. The customer service isn't as straight forward as I'd like I'm tired of the marketing and I'm tired of the holier than thou attitudes that follow Mac around like the plague. Me: Good luck, what are your plans? Dragon: You should get a Mac! They are easy to use and make it easier to do things! They have great customer service! It really is a special computer, though it's not really a computer at all, it's a lifestyle - and is totally worth the extra money because of all these non-specific, touchy-feely, inane, company fed, nonobjective qualifications I just put forth! The price is $xxx.xxx Faded501's: Dude, thats exactly what he was just talking about that was pissing him off... Superego: God bless Apple evangelists--as self-righteous as ever (couldn't simplify this any more)
smile.gif

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My macbook is bullshit. It is too cutesy. Also how the hell is the casing chipping and cracking? Thank god I got this POS for free. I don't need half of these ****** programs. And it's airport is weak sauce.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2327233,00.asp

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....gi?u=macs_cant

At least we know why get all worked up over this Mac stuff. You`re starting to sound like someone preaching an Anti-Mac religion.

Originally Posted by NorCal
Slim, did someone beat you with a Mac when you were a kid? Was your first GF a Mac and did she break your heart?
We get it, you REALLY hate Macs. But why the hell is it worth getting so worked up over? Plus you PC users make up something like 90% of all computer users so its not like you're a suffering minority.

You`re using the wrong term. All computers are PCs so you should use the term "Non Apple Computer." If you don`t you are ignorant.

I don't like religious cultists for the same reasons that I don't like vocal, fervent Mac users. They have no objective reasoning ability. They are pushy, and they refuse to acknowledge that the "solution" for them is one that not everyone cares for.

Are you trying to describe yourself or me? You are sounding like a Anti-Mac fundamentalist or something.

I didn't start this ****, Dragon came in here spewing Apple BS all over the place and I don't like to take it. Three separate people called him out on it. We get it, too, you guys love your computers. Quit talking about it!@
I didn`t start anything. I shared my experiences as a new Apple user that recently switched from a "Non Apple" computer like the OP. The topic is about Mac experience, so any good and bad experiences are the most relevant posts to follow. In this regard, none of yours are relevant, but that doesn`t mean you can`t share your ideas either.

If this was a thread about how the OP had just purchased an HP, Dell, Alienware, or whatever and was having trouble with it - Dragon would have posted the exact same thing that he did in this thread because it has NOTHING TO DO with his 'experiences', its the mentality of the Apple user, to beat everyone to a pulp with the corporate slogan.
If I felt like sharing, I might have entered the same post in your example. The reason is that the Apple is just another computer. I share my software recommendations from time to time, and I will probably share my computer experience from time to time, if I think it`s relevant. If you don`t think my posts are relevant, maybe you should put me (and other known Mac users) on ignore or something.

You don't see anyone coming out of the woodwork to defend any other computer when someone has a bad experience, especially not with "feel good" platitudes, and vague assurances. We know you fundies want your little family to grow, but do your recruiting somewhere else.
"Coming out the woodworks"
laugh.gif
I post on this forum in various threads on a regular basis.

I think those documentaries and articles are having a strong influence on your thinking. Just like there are many different types of "Non Apple" users, there are many different types of Apple users. There are always a small group of fans for any hardware, software, game, whatever that are almost cult like. I am sure there will be a big line of "Non Apple" users lining up to buy the new Windows, just like there will be long line of Apple users lining up for the next Apple product. Most people don`t line up whether they are Apple users or not.

To sum up this thread:

OP: This Mac i just bought sucks, it doesn't work. I was led to believe that it would be easy to use, and make it easier to do things. The customer service isn't as straight forward as I'd like I'm tired of the marketing and I'm tired of the holier than thou attitudes that follow Mac around like the plague.

Me: Good luck, what are your plans?

Dragon: You should get a Mac! They are easy to use and make it easier to do things! They have great customer service! It really is a special computer, though it's not really a computer at all, it's a lifestyle - and is totally worth the extra money because of all these non-specific, touchy-feely, inane, company fed, nonobjective qualifications I just put forth! The price is $xxx.xxx

Faded501's: Dude, thats exactly what he was just talking about that was pissing him off...

Superego: God bless Apple evangelists--as self-righteous as ever (couldn't simplify this any more)

smile.gif

Fixed

Dragon: You should consider a Mac. They are easy to use and make it easier to do things. I never mentioned customer service, as I don`t have any experience with them yet. Never mentioned lifestyle, as I never knew it was a lifestyle. Actually TS educated me on this, and directed me to links that portray Apple as a lifestyle, so I actually learned something new about my computer. I entered the price to describe Apple`s major criticism, which is that they are overpriced.

You: Getting all worked up after my post, just like in all the other threads that mention Mac.

As a newbie Apple user, at least I now know that the "Apple Lifestyle" comes with some risk. Thanks for warning me of the risks of encountering anti-Mac cult members.
smile.gif

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
You have my sympathy, Douglas. On the bright side, the resale value of Macs are fairly decent. Put yours up on craigslist and I'm sure some fanboy will pay full retail for it. Then you can get something decent, like a Thinkpad or something.

lurker[1].gif

How dare you come out the wood works and start selling the Thinkpad!
devil.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
I didn`t start anything. I shared my experiences as a new Apple user that recently switched from a "Non Apple" computer like the OP. The topic is about Mac experience, so any good and bad experiences are the most relevant posts to follow. In this regard, none of yours are relevant, but that doesn`t mean you can`t share your ideas either.
No, it is not. It is about how Apple f***ing sucks, and how the very thing you came in this thread to do pisses people off when they realize that it's bullshit. I think it was pretty clear that the OP didn't want to hear how great you think your computer is, how wonderful your experience has been, or any of it. And yet, you insist on coming in here and making all kinds of excuses for why you are acting like a dick. Do you not understand that you don't have to shill for your company at every given opportunity? This **** is so bogus, I can't believe you even believe what you are saying. Do you expect to get a discount or something? Why do mac users insist on trying to "convert" people? I'd be completely unsurprised if you started telling people they were going to "go to hell" for not buying them. It's like once you hear how ******* GREAT Apple is for the 3033rd time then you start to believe it or something, and all you people are rushing to make your quota and get more people onboard. It's sick.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread in images:
nest.gif
lurker[1].gif
stirpot.gif
fight[1].gif
censored.gif
smack.gif
boxing[1].gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If i sound like I'm preaching an anti-Mac religion, its only because I'm ******* tired of all you Zealots coming around and trying to market everyone into your stupid cult. Goddamn right I'll be the antichrist.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never had a Mac and my Laptop has been going strong for 10 months without a single freeze. I have plenty of reason to be a PC fanboy, but I'm not and I can smell a lot of that here. Seriously, the PC people in this thread are acting Mac like.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, it is not. It is about how Apple f***ing sucks, and how the very thing you came in this thread to do pisses people off when they realize that it's bullshit. I think it was pretty clear that the OP didn't want to hear how great you think your computer is, how wonderful your experience has been, or any of it.

If this thread is about how much Apple sucks, that means it`s about Apple experience. Just like any other experience thread on this forum. If the thread is Kiton sucks, other members with experience in Kiton can share their experiences good and bad. If you don`t think a particular post is relevant, you just pass and ignore it.

And yet, you insist on coming in here and making all kinds of excuses for why you are acting like a dick. Do you not understand that you don't have to shill for your company at every given opportunity? This **** is so bogus, I can't believe you even believe what you are saying. Do you expect to get a discount or something?
Acting like a dick? Are you talking about yourself again?

I am not shilling for any company at every given opportunity, as this is the first post I ever made about my Apple experience (sorry "Apple Lifestyle"). On the other hand, if taking every opportunity to shill for something (or against) is your description of a "dick" I think it`s clear who the dick is here.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent
This thread in images:

nest.gif
lurker[1].gif
stirpot.gif
fight[1].gif
censored.gif
smack.gif
boxing[1].gif

It always ends up that way. Partly because I refuse to take any of the bullshit that Mac people want us all to just "accept" as the truth because it's the company line.

Everyone here knows it. Eventually, people are just going to stop being idiots about their computers, which is ALL I EVER WANTED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I could care less if you use a Mac. Use whatever you want. The second you start with the smug, corporate spiel about how cool/safe/easy/so much better/blah blah blah is than every other personal computer in the world, I'm going to tell you like it is. It's bullshit.

supermidget

Reaction score
Apple prides itself on its customer experience, but honestly I think the best customer service is the one that you don't ever have to contact. A friend of mine has had his mba fail more than 3-4 times in just this year, and that's simply an absurd number.
Snow Leopard has issues too, messing with people's batteries and whatnot. Really something I think that Apple probably should've troubleshooted and found a long time before they released the upgrade.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackplatano
I've never had a Mac and my Laptop has been going strong for 10 months without a single freeze. I have plenty of reason to be a PC fanboy, but I'm not and I can smell a lot of that here. Seriously, the PC people in this thread are acting Mac like.

There are other computer threads out there like "Which laptop to buy" etc. If I felt happy with my PC (Am I allowed to use that term now, since a "Non Apple" user used it too?) purchase, I would have made the same type of post describing my PC. There are also other threads out there like "I am having problems with my Spyware or Antivirus" etc. If I feel happy with the software I am using, I usually put in a review as well. Same goes for browsers, etc.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
If this thread is about how much Apple sucks, that means it`s about Apple experience. Just like any other experience thread on this forum. If the thread is Kiton sucks, other members with experience in Kiton can share their experiences good and bad. If you don`t think a particular post is relevant, you just pass and ignore it.

So you make a habit of trolling Kiton threads too?
I'm sorry, I don't read the clothing forums.

Acting like a dick? Are you talking about yourself again?
I'm not the one who came in here looking for a fight. Everyone was getting along just fine until you started your antics. You must have chosen to come in here and exhibit the behavior you did for a reason. I'm wondering why.

It was clear that you came in this thread and either didn't read the OP when he said how much he was pissed off at the propaganda and marketing of Apple, or read it and purposefully decided to antagonize him and everyone else in this thread with your sales pitch. Then when a number of people called you on it, you accused us of being to blame for your actions.

I am not shilling for any company at every given opportunity, as this is the first post I ever made about my Apple experience (sorry "Apple Lifestyle"). On the other hand, if taking every opportunity to shill for something (or against) is your description of a "dick" I think it`s clear who the dick is here.
What, do you want me to apologize for misleading you all those years and making you not buy an Apple? I'm sorry, but you are a big boy and you make your own decisions. You came in here to troll, I'm treating you like one.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by supermidget
Apple prides itself on its customer experience, but honestly I think the best customer service is the one that you don't ever have to contact. A friend of mine has had his mba fail more than 3-4 times in just this year, and that's simply an absurd number.
Snow Leopard has issues too, messing with people's batteries and whatnot. Really something I think that Apple probably should've troubleshooted and found a long time before they released the upgrade.

It happens all the time with large corporate computer manufacturers. They cover up and deny problems until they reach some fiscal limit of resolution where it's more expensive to ignore the problem than to fix it. Then it's fixed.

Remember how exploding MacBook batteries were the customer's fault? Then all of a sudden there was a recall.

Now iPhones are bursting. It's not Apple's fault yet. But eventually it will be.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads