• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Bihars are about $50 cheaper at MilanClothing compared to the PS UK site.

jayce030

Reaction score
I paid $390 through the UK PS online store... saved at least $100... not sure what to expect for customs though, but still gonna save some instead of buying stateside.

The only place i saw Ricards was on Barney's website or zee and company

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
PS just released the "Buster" boots, it is practically the Ricards with a rubber sole.
http://www.barneys.com/Buster/500149597,default,pd.html
PG_500149597_TH.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^ yea sorta, doesnt look as sleek as Ricard tho

I put vibram rubber topsole on my Ricards to get the same effect

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah the rubber sole gives it a more casual, somewhat rugged look. It doesn't look as narrow by the toe either. I think PS should have put commando soles on them instead to separate itself from the Ricards completely. If their going to give it a thicker sole, why not go all out and make a rugged boots? Barneys also have the Barry, a cap-toe dress-sneaker suede shoes? http://www.barneys.com/Barry/500151796,default,pd.html
PG_500151796_TH.jpg
Same with the Rocco, except it's a wingtip. http://www.barneys.com/Rocco/500151780,default,pd.html
PG_500151780_TH.jpg

splattered

Reaction score
Yeah i saw those earlier today.... chunkier haha Not in my size though.

Gonna glance around the other places you peeps suggested, thanks
smile.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
the oxblood Bihar boot has been one of my fave PS shoes in a while and will be it for the near and further future (I've said that before!). Huge props to zippy for the size warning, I would have otherwise gotten a boot that was waaaaay to big and lost on some serious $ returning that **** and paying 2 customs fees (which just arrived today on the Bihar
frown.gif
)

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the customs fees from FedEx too, I wonder if I'll get one from USPS too?

I hope it wasn't as big of an amount as last time GS.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It is a chore to not pull the trigger on the black Bihars from milanclothing.... Someone buy the remaining sz.7s so I don't slip up!

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
PS just released the "Buster" boots, it is practically the Ricards with a rubber sole.
http://www.barneys.com/Buster/500149597,default,pd.html
PG_500149597_TH.jpg

Yay for speed laces.

Originally Posted by Get Smart
the oxblood Bihar boot has been one of my fave PS shoes in a while and will be it for the near and further future (I've said that before!). Huge props to zippy for the size warning, I would have otherwise gotten a boot that was waaaaay to big and lost on some serious $ returning that **** and paying 2 customs fees (which just arrived today on the Bihar
frown.gif
)

Glad to be able to help.
How much did they end up charging?

I'm waiting for the customs fees from FedEx too, I wonder if I'll get one from USPS too?

You should be safe with the USPS order. They collect the fees when they deliver.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
You should be safe with the USPS order. They collect the fees when they deliver.

That would be awesome, the shoes were cheaper and no custom fees incurred... I may have saved $100 from ordering from MilanClothing. Thanks for that website again Zippy. I also thought it would take forever to get here since all the reports I've read about the customs at USPS holding packages for 10-30 business days w/o notice, not to mention they have the crappiest tracking system ever.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score

$61.11, about what I thought

The duty rate on shoes is much lower than on wool jackets. From what zippy had quoted before from the customs book, it's something like 6-7% for shoes, but something outrageous like 13% for wool garments. No more coats from UK PS!

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not bad, with the customs fees, it is still about $50+ cheaper if you include tax if purchased here in the U.S. so not a bad deal I guess.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
If the PS store had them they'd probably be about $530 + sales tax = $577ish

they cost me $403 shipped + 61.11 = savings of about $113 vs buying local

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Actually, Bihars are $575 at Neiman Marcus and Barney's.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads