• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apple f***ing sucks

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
Other people (include yourself) read these threads besides the OP. Even after this thread dies, people will read all this BS we are posting.

So either what you posted was to the OP or it wasn't. It was on topic or it wasn't. It was a sales pitch, or it wasn't. Make up your mind.
smile.gif

Why is it so hard to just acknowledge the fact that you came in here to sell Apple computers? It demonstrates how wholly you've bought in to the whole "Apple lifestyle" or whatever - if you want it, you should be proud of it. but it IS what you were doing. Just because I happen to think its incredibly irritating, maybe everyone else wants to hold hands with you and sing kumbayah. Who the hell knows.

It is now 2am. I am going to bed.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
When's the last time you heard me advocate buying a brand of computer? I don't believe I ever have. I'm a big proponent of building your own, or having one custom built. I prefer Windows, but I don't care what OS you use. Kinda hard to accuse me of the same tactics you just used when the thread is here for everyone to see.

Who cares about the brand. You have your experiences and your preferences, and I have mine. You can continue to share your preferences, as you have a million other times on this board, and I will continue to share mine every once in a while when I feel like sharing.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So either what you posted was to the OP or it wasn't. It was on topic or it wasn't. It was a sales pitch, or it wasn't. Make up your mind.
smile.gif

Why is it so hard to just acknowledge the fact that you came in here to sell Apple computers? It demonstrates how wholly you've bought in to the whole "Apple lifestyle" or whatever - if you want it, you should be proud of it. but it IS what you were doing. Just because I happen to think its incredibly irritating, maybe everyone else wants to hold hands with you and sing kumbayah. Who the hell knows.

It is now 2am. I am going to bed.

What I posted was related to the OP, related to this topic, in line with this thread. I doesn`t mean that every single comment I make is directly addressing the OP. Every comment you make is in directly reply to the OP and not for other to read?

OK, from now do not share any of your experiences related to a "Non-Apple" computer, especially in a thread about computers.
laugh.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Who cares about the brand. You have your experiences and your preferences, and I have mine. You can continue to share your preferences, as you have a million other times on this board, and I will continue to share mine every once in a while when I feel like sharing.

You aren't getting the point. Whether out of willful ignorance or what, I don't really care anymore.
You are the only one in this thread trying to sell something. Nobody else came even remotely close. You are doing a very good job. Keep it up.
Goodnight.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
OK, from now do not share any of your experiences related to a "Non-Apple" computer, especially in a thread about computers.
laugh.gif

I very rarely do. I certainly won't ever tell anyone what great experiences I've had with Dell, how easy it is to order and customize them online, how easy I've found their computers to use, and and give pricing on their related products like TV's and etc. That's Apple's marketing game and I find it annoying as ****.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I very rarely do. I certainly won't ever tell anyone what great experiences I've had with Dell, how easy it is to order and customize them online, how easy I've found their computers to use, and and give pricing on their related products like TV's and etc.

That's Apple's marketing game and I find it annoying as ****.

Well you kinda do...like now...and like in millions of other threads related to Mac. I don`t think there is anything wrong with that, just saying it`s the same thing...just sharing your computer experience, in a computer experience related thread.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I very rarely do. I certainly won't ever tell anyone what great experiences I've had with Dell, how easy it is to order and customize them online, how easy I've found their computers to use, and and give pricing on their related products like TV's and etc.

That's Apple's marketing game and I find it annoying as ****.

It seems like posting pricing is annoying you like crazy. From now on, don`t post anything related to pricing when you point out how much cheaper you can get "Non-Apple" stuff like you have done a million other times.

Star

Reaction score
I like how Steve Jobs came out at one of those recent Apple Conventions to announce that the next IPOD will have FM Radio and Video recording capabilities and that we should all be in awe with such wonderful forward thinking capability.

Too bad similar devices have had this sort of functionality for years now.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apple's the Burberry of computers. Chicks will tell you how much better in quality it is, or how it just matches their colours, how it's a distinctive look that no one else has, or how the price is justified since it's "designer".

At the end of the day, it's still mostly made in China and hyped to hell.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
There must be an inverse relationship to how much sex you get and how much you care about changing people's mind about what computers they use.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whether on uses a mac or pc that is a possibel debate, but who uses uses itunes to buy music? the limits they put upon it are stupid, you are suffering oen the many problems that i tunes has in terms of sales. the russinas sites offer better produst for a much better price, are alot cheaper and do not have any of the bugs. the mp3 is your without any conditions.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarphe
whether on uses a mac or pc that is a possibel debate, but who uses uses itunes to buy music? the limits they put upon it are stupid, you are suffering oen the many problems that i tunes has in terms of sales. the russinas sites offer better produst for a much better price, are alot cheaper and do not have any of the bugs. the mp3 is your without any conditions.

Just to keep TS happy, in my opinion that is the worst part about Apple.

If you use their products the way they want you to, you`re screwed, as everything is severely limited. That`s why I brought up the Apple TV in my "Sales Pitch." It`s a good example of this, as the Apple TV only works with iTunes. In other words, you have to download music (buy from them) and rent movies (again from them) and that is the only way you can watch any content on your TV using the Apple TV. On the other hand, if you hack it and have the ability to use it the way you want, it becomes a very nice product.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to keep TS happy, in my opinion that is the worst part about Apple.

If you use their products the way they want you to, you`re screwed, as everything is severely limited. That`s why I brought up the Apple TV in my "Sales Pitch." It`s a good example of this, as the Apple TV only works with iTunes. In other words, you have to download music (buy from them) and rent movies (again from them) and that is the only way you can watch any content on your TV using the Apple TV. On the other hand, if you hack it and have the ability to use it the way you want, it becomes a very nice product.

still expensive though compared to the competition and the competition you do not need ot hack. only use a throw away credit card.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads