• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommendation for small messenger/manbag

Mild Mannered

Reaction score
I see no reason for you guys ganging up on me because I won't be forced into your thinking.
You 'guys' are such whiners. Wear your purses already. Just don't think that you are defining the future of menswear. There's something very wrong with some of you when you think its 'ok' to gang up on someone who doesn't agree with you...and I'm not responding to this thread again.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
where's your mazculinism!!??
Shot out over an hour ago, then rolled over and went to sleep.
Originally Posted by Mild Mannered
I see no reason for you guys ganging up on me because I won't be forced into your thinking. You 'guys' are such whiners. Wear your purses already. Just don't think that you are defining the future of menswear. There's something very wrong with some of you when you think its 'ok' to gang up on someone who doesn't agree with you.
Disagreement is one thing; outright, blatant homophobia and scaredness of "teh gheyz," as evidenced in everything you wrote, is something else entirely. We're not all wearing dresses, we're not all poofting around. YOU'RE the one who started this with the purse-talk. The OP just wanted to know some options on how to carry his stuff around. Anyway, if you can't take the heat, best to go back to the Roman Polanski **** thread. You're doing a great job there.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see no reason for you guys ganging up on me because I won't be forced into your thinking.
You 'guys' are such whiners. Wear your purses already. Just don't think that you are defining the future of menswear. There's something very wrong with some of you when you think its 'ok' to gang up on someone who doesn't agree with you...and I'm not responding to this thread again.

It was defined centuries if not millennia ago and like most things "fashion" it'll come and go.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I hope this guy is trolling but even then the possibilities are grim:

1) Unfunny troll
2) Barely literate homophobic marsupial

Why can't we get more Vanity and Ernest and less pathetic attempts are gathering attention through second rate trolling.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I hope this guy is trolling but even then the possibilities are grim: 1) Unfunny troll 2) Barely literate homophobic marsupial Why can't we get more Vanity and Ernest and less pathetic attempts are gathering attention through second rate trolling.
+1. A really witty, homophobic troll might be some fun for a coupla hours. Sadly, they usually just don't go dick-in-hand together, as they generally are too busy catching furtive glances at those special editions of National Geographic with the glossy foldouts of African horsehung tribesmen to spend much time on being clever.

Mild Mannered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Shot out over an hour ago, then rolled over and went to sleep.

Disagreement is one thing; outright, blatant homophobia and scaredness of "teh gheyz," as evidenced in everything you wrote, is something else entirely. We're not all wearing dresses, we're not all poofting around.

YOU'RE the one who started this with the purse-talk. The OP just wanted to know some options on how to carry his stuff around. Anyway, if you can't take the heat, best to go back to the Roman Polanski **** thread. You're doing a great job there.

A phobia is a fear. I am not afraid.
I never said I was 18th century...one of you did, either here, or on the Polanski thread.
And it's not nice to cross-post.
Guys..I have a bad flu. Let's fight some other time. and from now on, I'm not responding to gang-bangs. have a good night.
smile.gif

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see no reason for you guys ganging up on me because I won't be forced into your thinking. You 'guys' are such whiners. Wear your purses already. Just don't think that you are defining the future of menswear. There's something very wrong with some of you when you think its 'ok' to gang up on someone who doesn't agree with you...and I'm not responding to this thread again.
A phobia is a fear. I am not afraid. I never said I was 18th century...one of you did, either here, or on the Polanski thread. And it's not nice to cross-post. Guys..I have a bad flu.
Lol_que.jpg
Let's fight some other time. and from now on, I'm not responding to gang-bangs. have a good night.
smile.gif

lol so much for that. But thanks for the sig.

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Doesn't look like he'll be responding to anyone anytime soon, now that he's banned
laugh.gif

Anyhow, thanks for all the suggestions guys. Yes, I am looking for the man-version of the purse. Am wondering about the portrait version of the messenger (e.g. the ones linked by Crane in his original post way back in #2 of this thread). Always thought messengers were landscape, so am trying to figure out if I can live with a portrait one.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I never thought of it that way, but I definitely prefer 'landscape' to 'portrait' in this case.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aleksandr
Doesn't look like he'll be responding to anyone anytime soon, now that he's banned
laugh.gif

Anyhow, thanks for all the suggestions guys. Yes, I am looking for the man-version of the purse. Am wondering about the portrait version of the messenger (e.g. the ones linked by Crane in his original post way back in #2 of this thread). Always thought messengers were landscape, so am trying to figure out if I can live with a portrait one.

It works out well. Your stuff is deeper in the bag so you don't have to worry about small things falling out. The narrow profile keeps it from being clunky looking too. I keep an I phone, small camera and a flashlight in mine most of the time without any problems.

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you a homosexual? I don't care if you are, but for the sake of clarification, are you?
If so, put it in your signature so everyone will know that your advice is the advice of a homosexual.
Seriously. instead of trying to influence heterosexual males to carry purses.
If you are gay and proud of it, then put it in your signature.

thank you for kicking this guy out. what a loser.

Thread Killer

Reaction score
Entertaining and informative thread, as it turned me on to saddlebackleather.com. Thanks SF!

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bags.jpg

I need a messenger bag for work, to carry my lunch/laptop, random ****... I've come across this J. Fold Courier Messenger bag, and I'm wondering what you guys think of it? (It's the top one in the above photo).

Or should I try and avoid messenger bags entirely?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads