• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wolf Cub and Moon
UPS delivered my Mariner sweater to the wrong address! Someone even signed for it, can you believe that.
angry.gif

That sucks. Is the address in your area? Would take a lot of balls for a neighbor to walk around your neighborhood wearing this!

I've had UPS delivery stuff next door before. Fortunately my neighbors always brought the packages over to me. I've found that FedEx is much more reliable.

beowolf

Reaction score
I am going to pick up some secret wash shirts this weekend from the J. Crew outlet.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
I have the Langham. Solid Jacket all around, IMO. Nice fit, on the slimmish side. Good feeling waxed cotton. Mid weight quilted lining.

British Millerian Co. Not sure how good they really are but I just like throwing that in there.

Recommended.

Have you tried on the oilcloth field jacket? Does it fit the same as the Langham? I'm usually a medium but was going to go for a small since it seems baggy. If the field jacket is slim also, I'll go for the medium. Thanks.

chessman305

Reaction score
The broken-in crewneck tees are too boxy for me. Does anyone have a recommendation for another store that have a slimmer fit? I see banana republic offers a slim t, how is the quality on that?

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chessman305
The broken-in crewneck tees are too boxy for me. Does anyone have a recommendation for another store that have a slimmer fit? I see banana republic offers a slim t, how is the quality on that?

Have you tried J.Crew's offering of Broken-in Slim Crewneck tees?

BR's tees are excellent, although they are "cleaner" aka not broken-in.

Uker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
I have the Langham. Solid Jacket all around, IMO. Nice fit, on the slimmish side. Good feeling waxed cotton. Mid weight quilted lining.

British Millerian Co. Not sure how good they really are but I just like throwing that in there.

Recommended.

Sweet thanks, I'll keep it in mind while I try to find something else online that may be a bit more ' me '
smile.gif

mdeep1

Reaction score
Continuing the discussion that I started a few pages back...

I just got off the phone with a rep from J.Crew about the tweed sportcoat and was told that the difference in sleeves between a 40/R and a 40/S is 1". The difference in jacket length from the back collar is 1.25". I'm thinking about buying a 36/R and having it tailored to be a 36/S, so I was wondering if the given measurements make it possible for the jacket to be tailored without throwing everything out of proportion.

synovoid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mdeep1
Continuing the discussion that I started a few pages back...

I just got off the phone with a rep from J.Crew about the tweed sportcoat and was told that the difference in sleeves between a 40/R and a 40/S is 1". The difference in jacket length from the back collar is 1.25". I'm thinking about buying a 36/R and having it tailored to be a 36/S, so I was wondering if the given measurements make it possible for the jacket to be tailored without throwing everything out of proportion.

they do the alterations in their local J Crew store or warehouse?

Barrylicious

Reaction score
Originally Posted by beowolf
I am going to pick up some secret wash shirts this weekend from the J. Crew outlet.

The casual shirts at the outlet are pretty poor IMO. Try them on for sure - I bought one a while back that has sleeves that are like 1.5" longer than any other shirt I've ever gotten from J Crew.

mdeep1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by synovoid
they do the alterations in their local J Crew store or warehouse?

I actually was going to take it to my own tailor, but I think if you go to a store and buy a J.Crew product that they will take measurements and send the item to their tailor.

synovoid

Reaction score
I actually was going to take it to my own tailor, but I think if you go to a store and buy a J.Crew product that they will take measurements and send the item to their tailor.

ok.

the tweed sportcoat looks pretty good to me.

mdeep1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by synovoid
ok.

the tweed sportcoat looks pretty good to me.

Yeah me too, but I'm just wondering if it's worth tailoring.

synovoid

Reaction score
Yeah me too, but I'm just wondering if it's worth tailoring.

if you're gonna give it a try, pls post some pictures after have it tailored

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads