• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Theoretically, one can wear edgier stuff like motorcycle jackets and coated skinny jeans when you're 50, but honestly, we're not all models and we'll probably look stupid if we do (sup sonicvoodoo) so I've trying to enjoy as much of it as possible.

So true.

You only get to wear dope pieces for awhile and then it all sorta looks off.

Two things I like is awesome fabric and good fit which costs heaps for suiting anyway. The best I've seen (fit wise) is good quality bespoke so I will get that and not less. I'll probably get a charcoal and a grey 2B NL for interview \\ events etc through a decent MTM service and just make them last until I can afford good bespoke, and I won't need to for sometime.

Originally Posted by jet
Some recent annoyances:

-bobo acting childish and talking smack on all things not his steez (well actually for some time)
-other annoying members (not xeno this time) who continue to be garbage
-socal using this forum as his little playground talking smack on sz, really now grow up, be the better man and move on already you don't need to document every bit of gossip like a female
-still don't get the love for workwear, rw, and filson

Jet post your list of hate, I wanna know were I'm at.

I don't get the Xeno / Uncontrol hate, let the fruits be. If they bother you ignore them, honestly there are people who spend heaps of time calling them out and no matter what they post or opinions they have just say the same call outs. It's become predictable.

I can't understand the 'im so manly attitude' that workwear gives when your getting all frilly over some tote bag or duck pants. It looks boring - I see tradesmen that look that every day I don't get it. Except people who wear it are mega white (LCD tan) drink craft beer and have soft hands. It's ugly as hell, unrealistic and some of it (Hill Side) is just silly. Also, it reminds me of bear/cub culture which is kinda wierd.

I don't care for those either, they're what I try to avoid by getting away from cheap shoes, and to my dismay, everything has a commando sole on it nowadays, even the Junya Tricker's brogues for F/W (they were beautiful for S/S but the F/W suedes are poo)
Alden of Carmel ruins all their shoes by going way too crazy with that Commando sole.

I don't like commando sole so much either, the flex welt looks like it will work for me.

I've got my eyes on the tumbled lady calf with flex welt boot at LeatherSoul, for when I don't want to be in W+H boots.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Nah it's just a couple of members who I categorize with dumbdicks like the defunct 2sweet that post on occasion nobody you mentioned.

Always hated lug sole and pretty much agree with fuuma (nothing new).

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
FTFY. Superbobo, I celebrate your existence brother, but steez you are not.

And yo, can we all take it easy on the out of focus shots incorporating your pants hems and shoes with your table of lattes and green salads, and family restaurant stuff? I forgot the screenname (the Asian guy who just posted who makes Margiela look like a senior citizens brand) but dude, you look like you're 30 at most, save the Martha Stewart produce sniffing stuff for Food and Culture at least. I know Socal is here to be Socal in the best way possible, but at least he posts a bunch of pictures of himself wearing high fashion while getting inebriated, and plus he's like 45! Some of you guys are in high school and you wear seersucker, plaid ties, and scotch grain longwings, and are setting yourself up for years of lonely...

Wow you aged me 20 years...

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wtf, im not talking much **** about non-workwear (what that even means). For instance, you dont here me complaining about easons pants or socals dracula steez.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
You're doing it again ffs! You make me feel so bad about my pants!

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Just in case it didn't transfer to Dutch-ese, I was kidding
tongue.gif

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dutch-ese, mf im swedish. And yea, I got that, but better to err on the side of caution...

Brian SD

Reaction score
Bobo you aren't fooling anyone. You're the local master of backhanded insults.
laugh.gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this thread is heating up.

i will tell you one thing, listing brands is a source of both too much adulation and too much hate. remeber mr. black? made ccp look like sears.

i am done overspending on lame basics. for dress shirts i get whatever lame **** is on yoox once it hits rock bottom. i get more compliments on my h&m colorblock shirt than on any of my mmm, jil, etc.

shoes and outerwear are most important to me, which is probably why I spend more on those than anything else. cheap shoes kill a 2k suit faster than anything.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^sometimes a ***** just wanna feel pretty, nahahmsayun?

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rosenberg
i think its that women have more social freedom with their fashion
This is true, but it's a self-inflicted issue on the part of men. We're too self-conscious about what is and isn't appropriate and tend to scoff at anything that doesn't fit the defined concept of what "men's" clothing is, ignoring that all clothing has transformed over time. Women's fashion has co-opted ideas from men's fashion far more than vice versa.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
This is true, but it's a self-inflicted issue on the part of men. We're too self-conscious about what is and isn't appropriate and tend to scoff at anything that doesn't fit the defined concept of what "men's" clothing is, ignoring that all clothing has transformed over time. Women's fashion has co-opted ideas from men's fashion far more than vice versa.

It is funny that in this sense, girls have more cojones than guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads