• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA - Thin Red Line shirt clearance - £9.99

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
Thanks for the comments. How did you guys find the sleeves/armholes? I'm pretty slim and wondering if it'd just be a matter of slimming up the body or if further alterations would be required.

Honestly, if you're a skinny guy, then TRL is not the brand for you. Their shirts will fit like circus tents off the rack and need massive alterations. Not worth it. If you're looking for good English quality at affordable prices, you'd be much better served buying Harvie & Hudson slim fits. Slightly more expensive at the point of purchase (though not much moreso), but probably cheaper in the final analysis because of little to no need for alterations.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The price is very attractive if not for the shipping. Their shirts is more of a classic fit with more fabric then most people here are accustomed to. May not be worthwhile to alter if one is like a soccer player slim type. Their quality is similar to Lewin IMO, maybe a shade better and should sell reasonably for a price of GBP25.

I suspect they are clearing stock nowto accomodate a new slimmer line of shirts.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
Honestly, if you're a skinny guy, then TRL is not the brand for you. Their shirts will fit like circus tents off the rack and need massive alterations. Not worth it. If you're looking for good English quality at affordable prices, you'd be much better served buying Harvie & Hudson slim fits. Slightly more expensive at the point of purchase (though not much moreso), but probably cheaper in the final analysis because of little to no need for alterations.

Thanks for the recommendation; will check them out.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure where they are made. I've got a few and they are very good quality. I don't think anyone has ever brought the actual quality into question as far as I can remember.

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenStyle
Not sure where they are made. I've got a few and they are very good quality. I don't think anyone has ever brought the actual quality into question as far as I can remember.

Sounds promising. TRL's propa-, err, promotional literature says that the clothes are made by the company itself, which implies diligent English people toiling away. Of course, I believe that when I see it. Given the prices (compared to H&H, which I know is made in the UK), I have some doubts.

I sent the company a list of questions about their product line, as a potential customer, about a month ago. No reply.

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Another random thought. The product-related quips on the site are very similar to the smart (and occasionally humorous) commentary in CT's catalogues (which are sometimes worth reading in and of themselves, IMO). Any thought as to whether TRL might be partly owned by, or in partnership with/related to, CT?

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sm332
rest of the world shipping is GBP19

Ahhhh... Yeah, I'll pass on this one. Still, it's not a bad deal if you're in the UK.

sm332

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
Ahhhh... Yeah, I'll pass on this one. Still, it's not a bad deal if you're in the UK.

If you are buying a fair number it works out well. Shipping seems to be flat fee irrespective of order size.

bigasahouse

Reaction score
Last week, I ordered 17 shirts total and checked out smoothly. GBP 20.00 flat shipping charge for the order worldwide.

I've been awaiting my order eagerly especially since I received an email Monday that my order had been "dispatched." But then Tuesday, receive an email stating that my order was too large, and they want to charge me an extra GBP 40.00 for shipping!!!

WTF?

Has anyone else had any trouble with this?

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigasahouse
Last week, I ordered 17 shirts total and checked out smoothly. GBP 20.00 flat shipping charge for the order worldwide.

I've been awaiting my order eagerly especially since I received an email Monday that my order had been "dispatched." But then Tuesday, receive an email stating that my order was too large, and they want to charge me an extra GBP 40.00 for shipping!!!

WTF?

Has anyone else had any trouble with this?

Wow, that's bullshit

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads