• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

DECEMBER

Reaction score
Me too yall fuckin confused me now. I was referring to the original meaning of "tight"

The Flat Head SE05BSP's look feminine on the model

duckdown

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
I think you should robokop the Flat Head SE05BSP in a size 29, it's slim, muted pocket design, ages very well.

i def like BSPs but they always look so much more slimmer than an APC NS silhouette

i always thought the FH1001 matched up better to a NS??

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jbreen1
Wait... I'm confused. Do you mean tight as in like cool ****...or tight as in tight lol.

I have diaper butt on my 3sixteen straights. I need something mid rise with a tigher butt area. 300$ is too high for me atm for flat heads and rjb. Does anyone know if apc ns are considerably tigher in the butt area?

givemefive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DECEMBER
Me too yall fuckin confused me now. I was referring to the original meaning of "tight"

The Flat Head SE05BSP's look feminine on the model

huh, i took a look at them and I guess I was thinking of a different FH... they were slim but not that slim, disregard my previous comment

givemefive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wagthesam
I have diaper butt on my 3sixteen straights. I need something mid rise with a tigher butt area. 300$ is too high for me atm for flat heads and rjb. Does anyone know if apc ns are considerably tigher in the butt area?

Ya they fit well on the ass for a skinny person but I have a slight inner thight flare on the front... It's kind of weird.

I'd rate the fit as 3/5 for me... well enough to be on my 13th month

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What size are you? I have some RJB for sale that are definitely tight in the butt, a little too much for me.
Photo44.jpg

DECEMBER

Reaction score
are the SEXI08 button fly?

Also, Kiya, was wondering if you know the answer to this question:

If I'm a 28 waist, and I soak a pair of jeans that are supposed to shrink to a 27 waist while wearing them, what will happen?
I'm guessing it won't shrink in the waist but if I soak it again in the future without wearing it it'll shrink

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
Flat Head 3001/F310 or the Real Japan Blues 106BSP.
The latter being tighter.

How do the F380 compare?

I'm looking for something with a bit bigger leg opening (8.5-8.75 in size ~31) but tight across the butt. Something that works for a person with larger thighs and no ass.

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Kiya, I found that my diaper butt on my denim that rides up goes away when I push my belt to the lower part of the belt loops. It doesnt stay there obviously as it rides back up when I move but it made me notice a possible solution. Have you encountered this problem before?

Whats the widest belt I should put through the 3sixteen straights? 1-3/4 or 2 inches?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Kiya, I found that my diaper butt on my denim that rides up goes away when I push my belt to the lower part of the belt loops. It doesnt stay there obviously as it rides back up when I move but it made me notice a possible solution. Have you encountered this problem before? Whats the widest belt I should put through the 3sixteen straights? 1-3/4 or 2 inches?
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. I recommend you just wear you jeans and don't worry about the little things that bother you about the fit, it's a very forward silhouette style, i'm sure it looks fine.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Right on. Places like this are great to get informed, but I think it makes most of us a bit to OCD.

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Kiya, I found that my diaper butt on my denim that rides up goes away when I push my belt to the lower part of the belt loops. It doesnt stay there obviously as it rides back up when I move but it made me notice a possible solution. Have you encountered this problem before?

Whats the widest belt I should put through the 3sixteen straights? 1-3/4 or 2 inches?

1) go to store
2) try on belts until one fits in loops well
3)
4) profit

Gobbie

Reaction score
The APC New Standard is NOT tight in the butt...the Petite Standard would be the way to go...you aren't going to get Self Edge quality denim from APC though

Gobbie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jbreen1
What size are you? I have some RJB for sale that are definitely tight in the butt, a little too much for me.
Photo44.jpg

APC PETITE Standard is the way to go if you want tightness ********** area...unfortunately APC isn't the same quality as a Flat Head or Sugar Cane pair of denim

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads