• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
when you come here i will take you to the vag will

bring lots of clean underwear

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's the thing about crazy pieces i was talking about jet

if i can only afford 1 crazy knit i wouldn't drop because it'd be obvious and mundane if i wore it all the time

but if i could grab 2-3 it'd be fun

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lulz. la in november homie

Originally Posted by jet
when you come here i will take you to the vag will

bring lots of clean underwear

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
i'm taking you out homie

ya kelvin, you need multiple crazy pieces so you can be that guy who has all the crazy pieces

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
LA Guy- I understand the concept of not having to think about "showing off" outfits vs. what you normally would wear in terms of peasant status type stuff, but i think you're taking it a bit far with the doing messy yard/car work in just whatever. I still would do yardwork in basketball shorts/sweatpants and a tshirt i got for free from some crappy promotion on campus

I'm not going to play a few hours of full court pickup or back in undergrad playing flag football or ultimate frisbee intramurals in something i care about. I'm going to get crazy sweat stains, grass stains, sometimes some blood, mud, and stuff like that. Even before i gave a **** about any of my clothes and still to this day, i have a separate drawer of clothes for playing sports and what not in. Usually just a collection of basketball shorts, sweat pants, tshirts i've gotten for free for some reason and some headbands.

I don't care if it's all RO, r&b, raf, whatever, i'm not going to lounge around my apartment in anything but boxers and an old loose fitting tshirt (i have a few from 10 years ago i sleep in). I still think people are crazy for just relaxing in their house in jeans, shoes, and a button up who say "no, i'm comfortable in this". Don't know what's more comfortable for laying in a recliner or on a couch than boxers and an old tshirt.

I do wear my **** to whatever house party/bar. When i lived in gainesville and would go to ****** house parties or to this craphole bar for a beerpong tourney i'd still wear whatever i felt like including some cdg, margiela, boo, ndc, whatever

i seriously lounge in jeans, always have always will... when i get home from work and take off my 'office pants' i throw on denim

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
that's the thing about crazy pieces i was talking about jet

if i can only afford 1 crazy knit i wouldn't drop because it'd be obvious and mundane if i wore it all the time

but if i could grab 2-3 it'd be fun

That's why you buy two big, good pieces a year - one in winter, one in summer. Something really high quality that you know you won't ever regret.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you can live in your clothes by just wearing them normally over the years, i don't need my month old shirt to look like i've owned it for 5 years doing hard labor

buy timeless **** and in years it will still look good, with some added character

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
you can live in your clothes by just wearing them normally over the years, i don't need my month old shirt to look like i've owned it for 5 years doing hard labor

buy timeless **** and in years it will still look good, with some added character

Agreed. But after a month of normal wear, a shirt shouldn't look like new unless you've done nothing but sit for 30 days.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Agreed, that's why I churn butter in margiela.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
That's why you buy two big, good pieces a year - one in winter, one in summer. Something really high quality that you know you won't ever regret.

slowly happenig. I got my eye on something for fall

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I find expansive montages in the WAYWT excessive and frivolous when not done in moderation. Once in a while is fine, but I really don't need to see one every day or several times a week. The impact becomes diluted after so long.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not that it matters in a random thoughts thread, but my original point was actually prompted by a comment someone made to me that a certain piece was just an expensive basic. My immediate thought was to agree with him, and then, on second thought, to disagree with him. It was an expensive basic, sure, but not "just". It was made from great fabric, and had little details that you'd never notice unless you were actually examining the garment from about a foot away.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
i seriously lounge in jeans, always have always will... when i get home from work and take off my 'office pants' i throw on denim

I suspect the people who feel more comfortable lounging in shorts and t-shirts rather than jeans and button-ups tend to come from the balmier regions of the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads