• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trouser Hangers

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with these trouser hangers from the Storage Store?
16012.jpg

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought it was better to hang them by the cuffs/hem on one of those clamp type hangers. Or is that just a myth?

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure but I'm not interested in hanging mine that way, I like folding them.

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always hang, never fold.

Twotone

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
Anyone have any experience with these trouser hangers from the Storage Store?

16012.jpg

thats the standard retail store display hanger.
if there is a store selling retail store furniture in your area, they are cheaper there.

Mild Mannered

Reaction score
I've tried several different types of hangars and now stick with a basic hangar with an anti-slip dowling. The clip types, in my experience, quickly became unreliable and were breaking or malfunctioning. I was finding pants on the floor too may times. The swing bar types were much better (imo) but still I went back to the regular anti-slip hangars.
Once in awhile I'll take all my trousers out of the closet and reverse hang them to prevent that crease that occurs when hanging too long. Hope this helps.

Chim12

Reaction score
Hang if you have the space, the weight of the pants will help take out the wrinkles if nothing else. A nice cedar pants hanger also helps with the smells that come up with the shoes ;-(

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take a look at the Hangar Project. They have a great selection.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use $1 wood hangers from Target for everything in my closets except suits and sport coats

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
None and I am not going to try.

Just stay with tried and tested wooden hangers.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I use $1 wood hangers from Target for everything in my closets except suits and sport coats

Our closets are full of wood hangers but they take up precious real estate (I used to hang my dress shirts on them but have resorted back to the cheap cleaners wire hangers for this) I use wide-shouldered hangers for my suits & sport coats, hanging the trousers most often worn with the SCs on the same hangers, but for the other trousers I would like some nice hangers that can be pressed up against one another.

I think I'm going to use my eBay bucks to get a set. They're like $14 for 10.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wood hangers I'm talking about are not wide at all - take the same space as cleaners' hangers for pants and just a little more space than wire hangers for shirts. Tey're flat and can be compressed pretty well.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
The wood hangers I'm talking about are not wide at all - take the same space as cleaners' hangers for pants and just a little more space than wire hangers for shirts. Tey're flat and can be compressed pretty well.
Yah, but if the wooden ones you are referring to are anything like the ones from Ikea, I think relative to the wires ones, in the aggregate, they do take up a lot of space since the hangers have a slight curve to them, and you can't pack the clothes tighter together on the rod, albeit, that is not something you want to be doing in the first place, but I guess if you have limited space, not much choice. I get all my dress shirts laundered, so they stay on the wire hangers they come on. No way I'm wasting my time transferring shirts to wooden hangers. Besides, they look better that I don't disturb them until I'm going to wear them. As for pants, I think the one the OP is interested in will work perfectly fine, and actually is preferable over any clamping versions.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks TR. I hink the hangers gdl has are far superior to anything I can adffor,d.

Can yout ell I've been hitting the Scotch?
\\\\
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads