• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Brooks Brothers Shoe Clearance - up to 60% off

hth2002

Reaction score
It's a great chance to pick up some Alden shoes made for Brooks Brothers, such as the black wingtip. Made in USA- Alden Made in England-Alfred Sargent Made in Italy-???? Alden's shoe for BB - Black wingtip on the Plaza last - Only sizes 7D, 7.5D and 9D left. http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize= The rest of the clearance-it's good with the additional 30% discount. http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatS...Section_Id=494 If it can be combined with the Friends and Family discount code (friend88). It will discount the shoes up to 72% off and make them available for $140 for the wingtips!!! I don't know if it's stackable for sure though. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...89#post2471989 Additional cash back rewards: www.bankofamerica.com 4% cash back when using the Add it Up link and a Bank of America credit card http://www.discovercard.com/customer...pdiscover.html 5% cash back when using shop discover link and a Discover card. Stack the cash back rewards to lower the shoe price down to $133 with Discover and $134.60 with Bank of America.

Mr.Sam

Reaction score
The friends and family discount is stackable so $140 for the wingtips is correct.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anybody know how Allen Edmonds Park Avenue converts to BB size?

if I'm 8.5 E in AAPA I am a ?? in BB?

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The wingtips look off to me. I think it's the eyelets. Meh.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the suede Paraboots are awesome. anyone know how they fit? TTS or one size down?

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnnyLaw

I like the exposed metal eyelets for that old school look. It's the back of the heel counter that seems a bit off to me since it doesn't extend all the way up.

jsherman02

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
the suede Paraboots are awesome. anyone know how they fit? TTS or one size down?

I will let you know when they show up....
wink.gif

jreigen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about BB's Italian made shoes?

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i have a pair of paraboot for brooks brothers and they fit true to size, though it wasnt the suede model. very nice shoe!

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnnyLaw

The eyelets are great. It's a full brogue. If there's a shoe where exposed eyelets are appropriate, I'd say this is close to it if not it.

Those are Plaza-last Aldens. I would order my Park Avenue size, if anyone is wondering. No size sizing up or down would be my advice. But, as always, it's hard to say how the fit will be different from feet to feet, so YMMV.

They sport a hideous green "Paraboot" tag. This is like what you see on the Bass bucks, but in the front of the shoe. I've heard it can be removed with care and an exacto knife.

hth2002

Reaction score
This is a rare chance for folks that can't afford Alden's $400-500 price tag to purchase a brand new pair for less than $135. It's even cheaper than Alden's seconds or discontinued shoes.

It's better than Florsheim and Johnson and Murphy for the same price. It's a shame there are only a few sizes.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how about the white sneakers for $109.99?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads