• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You keep mentioning that **** so much that I'm wondering what the hell it is now.

Also I'm not in any hurry to get the jacket, probably can't wear it until November with how warm weather is lately. So if something comes up don't worry about it.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh hell yes Chusok is next weekend! I'm fine with not ordering anything until after that. My neighborhood is going to be a ghost town.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Seoul gets pretty dead during Chusok, which I like. I will keep working on this stuff on my holidays too but supplies will have to be bought beforehand as my vendors all shut down.

Colored leathers should be available very soon. I found my source for ordering more made in Japan YKK's to custom specs (ie colored taping, custom tooth color, my choice of pull, size) so the grey (medium gray, as a nice alternative to my washed black lamb) that people have been asking for will be first out of the gate along with either one color, red or blue, as custom orders for zippers are 100-piece minimums (each the same thing, meaning I need to order 300 zippers for one color of jacket) so that'll entail some big bucks, these things aren't cheap.

Other news, there will be bags to be shown too. Not MTM and one of a specific design per style (I:m thinking 3 general styles) but they will be customizable by color/leather type (as you know already, I am pretty flexible to custom options so long as they are within the framework of my patterns and my supply availability), and I am working on making some sort of organization and provisions for laptops, cameras, etc, within the bags. Stock bags will kept in stock a few at a time, ready for 3-4 day delivery worldwide, and then people wanting to customize, those bags will be my normal approximate 2 week lead for custom work.

Beyond that, I have someone on board to help me really soon, so this will go from a really hard-hit, round the clock one man operation to a more organized two man team with more resources, so things are looking really good around here lately. Expect good things, and a lot of them.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Xenox, my basic designs are shown on the front page of this thread.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you predict how long this leather run will last? I'm trying to line up my purchases for the fall and I need a quality leather jacket in my life, but perhaps not as much as I might need some other non-clothing related items.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm thinking I will keep them up til about Christmas time even after, but there might be intermittent 1-2 week breaks here and there (for example I have enough two-way black taped zippers to make about 10 more jackets and then I will need to re-order custom zippers) so it's a supply-end thing sometimes.

I still haven't costed my originals because my first order isn't done and shipped yet, thy're still in the shop, so I have no idea what my shipping price schedule or stuff will be; I have said I will have to raise the price once I know my costs better and that is probably gonna happen, especially for the custom run of colored zippers I have to make. There are discrepancies, for example, between the cost of lamb vs calf, sizes (a tiny 44 uses a lot less leather than a 54) and weight, the lamb will be 1.5kg all packed on average, whereas a calf could be up to 3kg, about $20 more to ship possibly, so I will get a more detailed pricing schedule out eventually. For now, they're still 475 for black or brown Bombers or 495 for black lamb or calf Motos and Double Riders, but get them while I still haven't figured out my costing... :p

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sounds good dude. BTW I think I have pinkeye, one of the tearducts on my eye has been swollen and red for a couple days and hurts like hell. I think I might not go out this weekend. :/

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Can you predict how long this leather run will last? I'm trying to line up my purchases for the fall and I need a quality leather jacket in my life, but perhaps not as much as I might need some other non-clothing related items.

Buy the heavy ass cowhide. It'll probably outlive you. Even the lambskin would last plenty as long as you don't treat it like **** rolling around on concrete or pete rose style diving head first everywhere. I'm sure like most clothing items that people will either lose/gain weight, get tired of an item, or need money for other purchases where they'll get rid of the coat for other reasons rather than it fall apart (even my h&m stuff hasn't "fallen apart" on me).

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
LIke Chrono said, that cowhide is definitely going to become an heirloom. I handled the ****, it's quality. I'm picky about that stuff. If you go lamb, it can possibly last a very long time, but I doubt it lasting you life. It will age easily, but this is both a good and bad thing. You go lamb if you want a luxurious and soft feel compared to the sort of stiff cowhide. With the cowhide, treat it like an alcoholic beats his wife because unlike the wife it'll look better with a beating.
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Sounds good dude. BTW I think I have pinkeye, one of the tearducts on my eye has been swollen and red for a couple days and hurts like hell. I think I might not go out this weekend. :/
That sucks, not much to do but wait it out. I guess let me know Saturday night what's up. Otherwise we can meet up on the long weekend coming up. I can't stay at my gf's house this Sunday night anyways so it might be for the better.

DeadDJ

Reaction score
Soju? In Korea? I dunno man, doesn't add up. (10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads