• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
any idea where I could buy Paul Smith Ricard boots (brown)?

Barney's has grey Ricards which look vaguely brownish.

JonB27

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
I've got a pair of UK10 and UK9.5 Rollins. The UK10 Rollins are perhaps slightly big on me.
I ordered UK9 Bihars.

Thanks!

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Awesome, Oxblood Bihars shipped today and should be here by "tomorrow."
frown.gif

Zippy, let us know if you get yours or if it manages to slip through customs.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'll be damned. Fedex just delivered them.
From UK to Seattle in just over 24hrs.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Pics needed immediately

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That is awesome Zippy. When I got my delivery confirmation, I actually called customs right away if I can fill out the forms and she said that if the shipper already had the info from the last order that has been less than 6 months and the shipper files or claims it, then it shouldn't be stopped in customs. I'm sure they'll still hold it if they want to but great news for you Zippy, it gives me hope yet.

And please, pics when possible.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
So should I ask my wife to open the box and take pics?
She's working from home today.
I can imagine the wtf look she'd have if I asked her to do that.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm surprised you haven't asked her to do that before. Plus is there really still any more surprise there considering how much shoes you have? She'd probably just think you can't wait to see the shoes.
lol8[1].gif

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Update on my "un-heeled" shoes...turns out that particular shoe didn't have the heel nailed down. Cost me $25 for one shoe...sounds right?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I'm surprised you haven't asked her to do that before. Plus is there really still any more surprise there considering how much shoes you have? She'd probably just think you can't wait to see the shoes.
lol8[1].gif

The scary thing is that the number of shoes I have is less than the number she has.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wifely taken photo.
bihar.jpg

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
crackup[1].gif

I hope she didn't give you much grief from it. Thanks for the pics, it looks like it is darker in the toe or is that completely just the pic?

The red looks similar to the red cages I have, well that is vaguely based on the pic.
Please post better pics when you get home. Thanks and a special thanks to the wife for the pics as well.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My grey Assams and oxblood Bihars showed up today. I have a theory as to why I had to submit the importer of record form in every previous PS UK order and didn't for this order. I looked at the old paperwork and noticed that PS UK spelled my name wrong on their customs form. This latest order the paperwork was fillled out by a different person who managed to spell my name correctly.

Grey Assams and oxblood Bihars.
I'm happy to report that the grey Assam actually is grey although in lower light they may appear brownish.
biharassam.jpg

Assams are very similar to the Miller. The medallion is slightly different. They fit pretty much the same. That's a UK10 in both.
assamvmiller.jpg

Bihar sole.
biharsole.jpg

Bihar versus Ricard. That's a UK10 Ricard and UK9 Bihar.
biharvricardi.jpg

__CB__

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Update on my "un-heeled" shoes...turns out that particular shoe didn't have the heel nailed down. Cost me $25 for one shoe...sounds right?
Cobbler told me mine couldn't be attached back on - $25 isn't much tho, I don't think I paid a lot more than that to have mine replaced either. Edit: Nice pickups - like the oxblood especially.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Awesome pics Zippy. Those Oxbloods looks great, hopefully mine arrives tomorrow, had it shipped at work too so it would be great if it isn't held. Rubber sole is sweet!

The Assams still looks brown in your pics and the grey is very slight where the flash hits it. Is it possible to get a side by side pic with a dip-dye brown Ricards for comparison? From the pics you just posted, the Ricards just looks very slightly lighter other than that it looks very similar in color.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads