• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
Also, should I expect a delay, lag-time, frustration with Uniqlo's NY customer service when ordering? Called yesterday, got VM and no call back. Should I just be persistent?
Give Anthony a couple of days. If you start getting impatient, just remind yourself it's one guy handling phone orders for the entire United States.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
meh.. no one wants to answer my question.. is it cus they don't know either?

How tight are you supposed to wear a belt?
I'm a 28 waist and I have a belt that is 30 / 32 inch but actually measures 31 on the smallest notch.
Too big? It sits on my hips though and my waist measurement is correct.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DECEMBER
meh.. no one wants to answer my question.. is it cus they don't know either?

How tight are you supposed to wear a belt?
I'm a 28 waist and I have a belt that is 30 / 32 inch but actually measures 31 on the smallest notch.
Too big? It sits on my hips though and my waist measurement is correct.

"How tight are you supposed to wear a belt?"

- not to be a smartypants, but as tight as it needs to be. If your pants are falling down or the belt droops? tighter, if the trousers are bunching up? looser. Cinch belts (D-ring, web, canvas belts) are great for breaking in jeans, which allows for stretch while also keeping a finished look.

I find that if your belt has more than more than 4"-6" extra length beyond your first belt loop, you'll look like you're wearing your grandpa's belt.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought the general rule was 2" larger than your pant size, i.e. if you're a 28 you need a 30" belt.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
ok so not too tight..

Right now my jeans kinda stretched out in the waist, but in the future I aim to size down more so what if my belt (on the tightest setting), looks looser around my waist than my jeans? Then I have a problem?

****.. guess I better go buy some leather crafting tools then

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you should use the middle hole of the belt.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DECEMBER
ok so not too tight..

Right now my jeans kinda stretched out in the waist, but in the future I aim to size down more so what if my belt (on the tightest setting), looks looser around my waist than my jeans? Then I have a problem?

****.. guess I better go buy some leather crafting tools then

It's a tough one. I have about a dozen belts and am constantly switching them out depending on lots of things (season, where I'm wearing it, what gets tucked in, jeans tightness - which is a biggie). Invest in more belts. Really, it's not a bad thing to have too many of.

Middle hole is always a good guideline.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
Well I actually bought the Atelier La durance belt thinking that by 30 inch it meant that was the largest hole.. turns out that's the smallest hole, and there's only 5 settings. How come no one makes belts for people with small waists?

Cant exactly return it now.. put some creases in it already, and shipping is like $20 overseas-- I'd rather just wear it. It's suppose to age well with wear anyway so I'd rather have only one or two belts.

If necessary I'll cut off length from the side the buckle is attached and resew it back.

the_pole

Reaction score
Hwere can you buy Common Projects in NYC , CP's site bugs out when you wanna view thier stocklists :/

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm considering buying some Rocket Dog Graduate desert boots online, i just like the style slightly more than the Clarks:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ROCKET-DOG-Gradu...d=p3286.c0.m14

Anyway, i know the Clarks run half a size large, but do these run large too?

I'm in NZ so i can't go to a store and try them on.

I asked this in the Clarks Desert Boots thread too.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be in NYC next week and I'm planning on visiting some denim stores. I can't remember many of the names. Wasn't there a thread somewhere that listed denim stores in NYC? I remember BiG. Isn't there a new Farinelli's as well? Barneys Coop... What else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads