• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

Reaction score
that isn't my experience with the jaspe fabric at all
got the henley and i wear it more than i should

how are you washing it?
maybe that is the issue

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
QUICK,
How does the Leather MacAlister boots fit. Like Clarks?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
QUICK, YES!

Is that the right answer?

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
QUICK,
How does the Leather MacAlister boots fit. Like Clarks?

I sized up 1/2 from Clarks DB's.

Also, I'm seeing some new stuff on sale. Not tons but a few good deals that weren't there before.

bye4now122

Reaction score
Got in my wool-cashmere shawl collar cardigan today. I'll try to get pictures up soon, but I'm pretty impressed. Exactly what I was looking for, a stupid thick, warm sweater that layers well. I will say that JCrew for the most part fixed the underarm wing thing that they have on their cotton cashmere vnecks, which I don't mind but also am happy that it's fixed.

Blog Marley

Reaction score
how do they compare to clarks in terms of quality. I wasn't blown away by the pairs I saw at J. Crew but am open to owning a pair.

naaaaate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
that isn't my experience with the jaspe fabric at all
got the henley and i wear it more than i should

how are you washing it?
maybe that is the issue

I wore the heck out of this, & I went out of my way to hang dry unlike all my other t-shirts because I looooove how the fabric looks, however it did end up in the drier on accident once, however I would kind of hope cotton wouldn't get that defeated by a single driering. I'm just mad because I love the way the shirt looks but it really doesn't feel great to wear.
frown.gif

So I guess if you have this shirt don't let it end up in the drier even once!

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vernon-Dozier
I sized up 1/2 from Clarks DB's.

Also, I'm seeing some new stuff on sale. Not tons but a few good deals that weren't there before.

Thanks!

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blog Marley
how do they compare to clarks in terms of quality. I wasn't blown away by the pairs I saw at J. Crew but am open to owning a pair.

For what it's worth, the J. Crew store manager and I were comparing our shoes once, his the McCallister and mine the Clarks, and I could tell absolutely no difference. He was kind of blown away by the simliarity too. If they're not made by Clarks, J. Crew is doing a damn close knockoff job.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bye4now122
Got in my wool-cashmere shawl collar cardigan today. I'll try to get pictures up soon, but I'm pretty impressed. Exactly what I was looking for, a stupid thick, warm sweater that layers well. I will say that JCrew for the most part fixed the underarm wing thing that they have on their cotton cashmere vnecks, which I don't mind but also am happy that it's fixed.

Nice. I dig my wool/cashmere/rabbit hair shawl cardi from last year.

I've sometimes used the underarm wing thing to my advantage when there's a need to go from treetop to treetop in the woods.

scott123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
For what it's worth, the J. Crew store manager and I were comparing our shoes once, his the McCallister and mine the Clarks, and I could tell absolutely no difference. He was kind of blown away by the simliarity too. If they're not made by Clarks, J. Crew is doing a damn close knockoff job.

I would say my clarks DB have held up a lot better than my suede mccallisters. The gum bottom was not glued very well on the McCallisters and I don't know they also seemed a little flatter in the toe box. They are both desert boots so they are really close, I just love the white bottoms on the clarks and how they don't look so flat in the top front.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert

I'm envious you can compare boots with him. If I tried doing that with the manager/sales guy at my JCrew I honestly think he'd try to follow me into the dressing room.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ha ha, this guy has become like my personal shopper. Far as I can tell, we're both straight--that is, I seem to still be married and he claims to be gettng married soon. So no dressing room action yet. Feel like I know the guy well enough I should be asking him and his girl out for drinks or something.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
missed free shipping, waiting for the next round. damn.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads