• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!)

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by David Reeves
Dont make me do Hadouken!

A videogame featuring bespoke tailors as characters could be a big success.

"Watch out! It's Boateng and his fusing machine!!"

"Oh no! Westmancott has rung up £45,000 in one, deft move!"

"Here comes Ambrosi...he's activating his twelve button fly!!"

You get the picture. I'm thinking maybe Wii, so you can use that wand thing for chopping motions.

- B

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I rolfed @ Steve Harvey. Someone has a fascination with Despos
peepwall[1].gif

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Is Pierre Cardin on the list? How about John Weitz or Giorgio di Sant'Angelo? We also need John Blair Collection, Irvine Park and Botany 500. "Mr Sajak's wardrobe by... BOTANY 500..."

I have a great Botany 500 coat from the '60s that is both fully canvassed and cost me less than $20. Therefore, I am putting it in the top tier. That's value, I tell you!

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by furo
Why can't RLBL be at the same level? You mention RLPL. Many of those suits are made by Caruso, who made a lot of Black Fleece as well as RLBL. So why would RLPL necessarily be above those other brands? Is there something I'm missing?

I can understand if we are breaking it down to years of models and even seasons, since Black Fleece has undergone a lot of change (i.e. from made in Italy to the USA) as well as others. But what necessarily makes RLBL inferior or superior to BB Golden Fleece?

I'd rank BB Black Fleece from 2007 above Golden Fleece (in terms of quality) but I can only bump one notch per day :wink:

RL Black Label fabrics aren't as nice as Golden Fleece and often charged a high premium for its modern cut.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria

"Watch out! It's Boateng and his fusing machine!!"

"Oh no! Westmancott has rung up £45,000 in one, deft move!"

"Here comes Ambrosi...he's activating his twelve button fly!!"

You get the picture. I'm thinking maybe Wii, so you can use that wand thing for chopping motions.

- B

This might bring me into the iAge.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS

Think of it...Harvey and Anderson on the same team, kicking Caraceni ass!

Oh, the bloodshed!

- B

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS

"OMG Matuozzo has activated her balls!"

"Oh noes! Here comes the Big Giant Head! GAME OVER"

Bellum

Reaction score
Back to business, are JAB and Jos.A.Bank diffusion lines of Joseph A Bank?

Not sure where to rank them..

Flieger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned Sartoria E. Glennie?

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria

This is, quite possibly, one of the stupidest ideas I have ever heard. It's really growing on me.

I'm thinking, "Zombie Attack!: Savile Row"

Players choose to play as one of several different Savile Row tailoring firms. You and your doughty band of cutters, finishers and trotters must defeat a horde of zombies invading the row dressed in ill-fitting black suits from Aldi and Tesco by stabbing them with your scissors and strangling them with your tapes. Score bonus points by dressing a zombie in one of your bespoke suits and turning him into a customer! After defeating the zombie horde, the ultimate challenge awaits -- the boss zombie dressed in a track suit and a Burberry cap.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bounder
This is, quite possibly, one of the stupidest ideas I have ever heard. It's really growing on me.

Players choose to play as one of several different Savile Row tailoring firms. You and your doughty band of cutters, finishers and trotters must defeat a horde of zombies invading the row dressed in ill-fitting black suits from Aldi and Tesco by stabbing them with your scissors and strangling them with your tapes. Score bonus points by dressing a zombie in one of your bespoke suits and turning him into a customer! After defeating the zombie horde, the ultimate challenge awaits -- the boss zombie dressed in a track suit and a Burberry cap.

Anyone here know a flash programmer willing to work for SFvm leftovers?

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anything with Zombies in it cant be bad.

Originally Posted by Bounder

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
"OMG Matuozzo has activated her balls!"

"Oh noes! Here comes the Big Giant Head! GAME OVER"

Admission: With the exception of Pong ... I have never -- not once -- played a video game. This is totally over my head.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
Admission: With the exception of Pong ... I have never -- not once -- played a video game. This is totally over my head.
You would like Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. You get to jack cars, shoot the po-lice, pick up hookers, then murder them to get your money back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads