• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ahhh, gotcha Zippy. I guess it'll be a race who gets their Bihars first. I think GS will get his first but I think he is out of the country for the moment.

Kelvin, the PS Store in Melrose tends to be slow when getting new stuff in. Last time I visited that store last month, they only had about 4-5 pairs of shoes, somewhat disappointing. But the suit selection in that place is definitely drool-worthy. I like all the literature they have on display and for sale as well.

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
Originally Posted by airportlobby

I just noticed that the PS England website has colored shoelaces, for the folks that were looking for them, earlier

Thanks for that. Hopefully a US distributor will get them soon. I don't fancy paying 23 pounds delivery for 2.61 worth of shoelaces... ha
shog[1].gif

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for anyone with PS shoes.

I have a pair of Millers in brown that I picked up at Neiman Marcus some time last year. While taking my shoes off today after work, the heel part of the sole detached from the leather upper. I wear them 2-3 times a week to work, for reference.

Are these shoes constructed well, or do they just look nice? Is this a quick fix? I'm bummed to see my nice pair of shoes like this...

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From experience, PS shoes are usually well made. Several of my PS shoes has taken a beating and still looks good, almost new after a few wipe downs. I would suggest bringing it to the cobbler and they might be able to help you in re-attaching the heel.

Also, my Bihars from Milan Clothing shipped earlier today, through Royal Mail so that means no customs charge. WOOT!!! I am hoping it arrives by the end of this week so I can break them in through the weekend, got my fingers crossed.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My Oxblood Bihars left Stansted a few hours ago.
Scheduled for delivery before 10:30 tomorrow but I'm guessing about a 0% chance of that happening.
I'm guessing I'm going to have to fill out that damn customs form again.

I wonder if the tarriffs are different since they have rubber soles.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That was pretty quick, you ordered them this past weekend right?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, ordered them Saturday.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Still waiting for my delivery confirmation from PS. Don't you just hate waiting.
lol8[1].gif

__CB__

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Question for anyone with PS shoes. I have a pair of Millers in brown that I picked up at Neiman Marcus some time last year. While taking my shoes off today after work, the heel part of the sole detached from the leather upper. I wear them 2-3 times a week to work, for reference. Are these shoes constructed well, or do they just look nice? Is this a quick fix? I'm bummed to see my nice pair of shoes like this...
Had the same thing happen to one of my Cage pairs (which had less time/wear on em than yours) - you'll need to get new heels for both, just take them to the cobbler (its not a big / expensive job).

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks RFX...
Originally Posted by __CB__
Had the same thing happen to one of my Cage pairs (which had less time/wear on em than yours) - you'll need to get new heels for both, just take them to the cobbler (its not a big / expensive job).
Thanks...both need new heels? Even if only one shoe had the problem?

JonB27

Reaction score
So I have no patience and want to order my Bihars, how did you guys size them in comparison to Rollins? Should I get the same size or go down 1/2 size?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've got a pair of UK10 and UK9.5 Rollins. The UK10 Rollins are perhaps slightly big on me.
I ordered UK9 Bihars.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
The dip-dye Bihar, some of you guys hate the rubber soles some but this has been what I am waiting for.
I've been looking for a cap-toe style boots too.
saxc-d084-cub-tm-31650.jpg

saxc-d084-cub-tm-detailb-31647.jpg
saxc-d084-cub-tm-detaila-31646.jpg

love these

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads