• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiamdream

Reaction score
Quick sizing question about the Barrie last in the context of the Roy Boot. I *think* that the consensus on here is that one should size down 1/2 a size from usual size in terms of length. What's the deal with width? I'm somewhere between a D and an EE, depending on the shoe. These are sizes that I wear pretty comfortably:

New Balance: 11.5 EE
Sperry: 11.5 E
Clarks DB: 11.5 D
Quoddy: 11.5 D (although these are a *touch* long and narrow)

Thanks for any help.

Pelikan2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chiamdream
Quick sizing question about the Barrie last in the context of the Roy Boot. I *think* that the consensus on here is that one should size down 1/2 a size from usual size in terms of length. What's the deal with width? I'm somewhere between a D and an EE, depending on the shoe. These are sizes that I wear pretty comfortably: New Balance: 11.5 EE Sperry: 11.5 E Clarks DB: 11.5 D Quoddy: 11.5 D (although these are a *touch* long and narrow) Thanks for any help.
I have 13.5D Quoddy Bluchers and 13D Roy boots - both fit perfectly. My Roys fit a touch wider than my Quoddys (and my Indys). Love them, by the way. One of my best purchases this year.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i have 2 pairs of quoddy boat shoes in 9D and the 3sixteen quoddy chukka boot in 9D as well.

the roys in 8.5D were perfect. saving for the tankers in 8.5D

Pelikan2

Reaction score
This is neither a fit pic nor a very good pic, but perhaps it will give you some perspective on the Roys. I'll try to get a couple fit pics tomorrow.
IMG_7691.jpg
Laces were out for an Obenaufs application

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look forward to the fit pics of above. Did the Obenaufs darken them appreciably? My vat of the stuff is on its way to my apt..

Pelikan2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PartagasIV
Look forward to the fit pics of above. Did the Obenaufs darken them appreciably? My vat of the stuff is on its way to my apt..

I don't think it darkened them appreciably after it fully dried. I find it's hard to predict what Obenaufs will and will not darken. My Indys definitely darkened some, but the Roys not so much. It's great stuff though.

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the leather soul specials the only calf longwings currently available?

Edit - Carmel has some, but they have the commando soles. Damnitall!

mikesduc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by airportlobby
Are the leather soul specials the only calf longwings currently available?

Edit - Carmel has some, but they have the commando soles. Damnitall!

+1 on that. If AOC would offer the brown LW's with a Leather sole I'd be all over it.

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe we should make a request. I want some burgundy calf longwings. I guess I'm sol - most people probably want shell if they're getting a cordovan color.

mechanical pencil

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikesduc
+1 on that. If AOC would offer the brown LW's with a Leather sole I'd be all over it.

Thirded.

Why is it impossible to find an Alden wingtip in brown calf with a leather soul?
Seems like it should be a shoe wardrobe staple...

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not 100% sure but I think J crew has an Alden long wing in brown. may be worth calling the NY store to check.

chiamdream

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pelikan2
I have 13.5D Quoddy Bluchers and 13D Roy boots - both fit perfectly. My Roys fit a touch wider than my Quoddys (and my Indys). Love them, by the way. One of my best purchases this year.

Thanks for this, and thanks for the pics...man, those are so nice-looking. Really well proportioned for a size 13!

chiamdream

Reaction score

Thanks for this, and thanks for the pics...man, those are so nice-looking. Really well proportioned for a size 13!

basho

Reaction score
This is neither a fit pic nor a very good pic, but perhaps it will give you some perspective on the Roys. I'll try to get a couple fit pics tomorrow.
IMG_7691.jpg
Laces were out for an Obenaufs application

Those Roy Boots looks nice! Are you planning on wearing them in wet weather? I'm considering the Roy and am concerned about the durability of that leather toe patch on the sole, once it gets wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads