• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

itsjustadrian

Reaction score
School is coming up and I need a new pair of boots. Should I go with LeatherSoul's Ultimate Indy's or W+H Service Boots?

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Ok I'll help you. Get some Chucks in white or black. Or a different color if you feel risky and adventurous. Should mostly go with anything though. I think you can get them for that price.
Thanks for the suggestion. Seems almost outrageous SF can't give any tips for any decent priced shoes. Casual, wear-everyday type of shoes; you get the gist.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pseudonym
Thanks for the suggestion.

Seems almost outrageous SF can't give any tips for any decent priced shoes. Casual, wear-everyday type of shoes; you get the gist.

Decent priced here is outrageous to the rest of the world. Think more like $150-200.

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Ah, I see. Justified, though. Quality trumps quantity, no?

Anyhow, just needed a temporary beater pair, as I'm commuting most of the day. Any further suggestions would be gladly appreciated.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Conversely what is outrageous is your request. I need to find my post about mythical cheap brands again.

saelan

Reaction score
I wear Vans authentics for beaters myself. A person looking to spend slightly more money (but still not much) might consider Superga, Spring Court, or Feiyue.

saelan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by itsjustadrian
School is coming up and I need a new pair of boots. Should I go with LeatherSoul's Ultimate Indy's or W+H Service Boots?

I think the Indy gives you way better value for your money.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a related note could someone explain to me whats so special about the W+H service boots?
People seem to be crazy about them, and I mean they look okay to me- but nothing extraordinary. I don't understand whats so amazing about them to the tune of $700.

blynch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
On a related note could someone explain to me whats so special about the W+H service boots? People seem to be crazy about them, and I mean they look okay to me- but nothing extraordinary. I don't understand whats so amazing about them to the tune of $700.
They are $350 boots, but with Wings and Horns distressing and Name that doubles the price. I like Paul Smiths boots too, but they are also probably double the price due to the name on them. It seems without a high end name backing a boot the boot turns out not as stylish, eg. LL bean boots. So people will pay the premium for W&H.

superego

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is as good a place as any...

I found these last week at Macy's, tried them on and they fit great.

Anyone have any experience or thoughts either on quality or others to consider in the same price range?

itsjustadrian

Reaction score
Looks like I'll be going with some Ultimate Indy's. Prices for the W+H boots are a bit steep at a $715.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Super, I don't care for the whiskering but if they fit well go for it. There is better denim out there but it costs more than those do. Most people around here buy the better denim.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads