• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just had a couple of G&Ts and a Sierra Nevada Torpedo. Now, time for the real stuff: 2001 Chateau Lauriol. Was given a big assignment at work today so I am celebrating.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This:

3869573586_190fd08a10_m.jpg

And it is one amazing beer..

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Being very careful, on my new, self imposed, regimen.

1 Martinez (new orange bitters came in)
2 glasses of Peterson 220 Sauv. Blanc
1 tequila/OJ cocktail

I'm done for the night
frown.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
Wiser's Very Old

Noice. Simply great stuff.

Have you tried the CC Sherry Cask Aged?

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fresh bloody mary:

Homemade tomato juice, horseradish, worsteshire, lemon juice, sea salt, fresh black pepper, and of course vodka.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Noice. Simply great stuff.

Have you tried the CC Sherry Cask Aged?

No, but I have had the CC Classic 12Y which was not bad. I do own the CR Cask 16 (Cognac cask). That one is really nice.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
No, but I have had the CC Classic 12Y which was not bad. I do own the CR Cask 16 (Cognac cask). That one is really nice.
I have open bottles of both those
smile.gif
Check out the Sherry Cask. Very smooth, vanilla, winey notes. Makes a fantastic manhattan.
DSC01053.jpg
DSC01054.jpg
DSC00685.jpg
My last Wiser's purchase
smile.gif
DSC00686.jpg

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Something about this:

Being very careful, on my new, self imposed, regimen.

Does not jibe with this:

My last Wiser's purchase
smile.gif

DSC00686.jpg

plain.gif

Pio, do you drink Canadian whiskey on the rocks or mixed? I find Canadian whiskey somewhat bland, almsot generic. Is there anything out there as complex as a Scotch or bourbon?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Something about this:

Does not jibe with this:

plain.gif

Pio, do you drink Canadian whiskey on the rocks or mixed? I find Canadian whiskey somewhat bland, almsot generic. Is there anything out there as complex as a Scotch or bourbon?

I bought all of that, as it was the first time in 10 years I found that whisky where I now live. I just finished my last drink tonight, at my fourth cocktail. I'm being good!

Canadian whisky is smooth and easy to drink. I'd not call it "generic" but it does indeed lack the intensity and multi-dimensions of a good Scotch or Bourbon. IMO, it's the perfect non-clear spirit to drink for a night. Try it in a manhattan.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have open bottles of both those
smile.gif
Check out the Sherry Cask. Very smooth, vanilla, winey notes. Makes a fantastic manhattan.
DSC01053.jpg
DSC01054.jpg
DSC00685.jpg
My last Wiser's purchase
smile.gif
DSC00686.jpg

Did you ever get to try the Wiser's 150th Annv "Red Letter"? I wasn't entirely impressed with it, I think the VO is much better. If you get the chance, Centennial Rye is quite good, price point is on par with Wiser's Deluxe

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Did you ever get to try the Wiser's 150th Annv "Red Letter"? I wasn't entirely impressed with it, I think the VO is much better.

If you get the chance, Centennial Rye is quite good, price point is on par with Wiser's Deluxe

Have not tried the Red Letter nor the Centennial. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Crawford

Reaction score
Last night for me was double crown and cokes.

Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
Vieux Carre with my new Prunier - Axel Gay cognac.

1oz rye whiskey (Sazerac 6)
1oz brandy (Prunier - Axel Gay cognac)
1oz sweet vermouth (Vya - is there anything else?)
1 dash Angostura bitters
2 dashes Peychaud's bitters
Stir with ice, then strain.
Garnish with 2 fabbri cherries.

That sounds good. Is that a classic cocktail or your own twist on the Manhattan?

Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Fresh bloody mary:

Homemade tomato juice, horseradish, worsteshire, lemon juice, sea salt, fresh black pepper, and of course vodka.

Jealous. Around here, you never see a Bloody Marry, it's always a Caesar (same thing but with Clamato juice instead of Tomato juice) which I also love - but on a recent trip to the US all I could get was Bloody Mary's (no one had heard of a Caesar) and I found out I like them just as much, maybe more.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Happy to report, first weekend on my new, reduced regime, and all is going well.

Split a bottle of Peterson 220 SB with wife in Friday, and had two cocktails (I'm really enjoying the Martinez. I owe mainly Hunts for discovering this precursor to the Martini).

Last night, 03 Shingleback Shiraz, from MacClaren Vale, split with wife, and the same two cocktails from Friday night.

I'm concentrating on really enjoying something new or something special. Next weekend, I plan to have a pour of all three of my recently acquired Bourbons, over the course of the weekend.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crawford
That sounds good. Is that a classic cocktail or your own twist on the Manhattan?

I know neither the original source of the cocktail nor the date of creation. I can assure you that it is delicious.

Upon reading my recipe, I see that I left out a key ingredient: Benedictine.

The true Vieux Carre recipe:

1oz rye whiskey
1oz brandy
1oz sweet vermouth
0.5oz Benedictine
1 dash Angostura bitters
1 dash Peychaud's bitters
Stir with ice, then strain.
Garnish with 2 fabbri cherries.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics