• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JD_May, which model is that one?

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not the first time I've seen that on Alden boots. Seems to be somewhat common actually. My brother just sent back a pair of Indy boots to get fixed for that reason.

Honestly, it's too bad that they have these issue but there are enough other things I like about Alden that I can deal with the occasional problem. Nobody else makes boots that are quite this exact style and I really like them.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
jdmay did you find a local cobbler?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I can't figure out what is wrong with JDs first pic, how could you spot something like that.

kashuken

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
See below. Happened on the outside side of one shoe and the inside of the other. Just the first half dozen stitches, I fixed them before they got very far.
004ag.jpg

I had similar issue with my AF64. The stitching came loose (at the exact same spot) and I haven't really done anything to fix it. Fortunately it hasn't gotten worse yet.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I can't figure out what is wrong with JDs first pic, how could you spot something like that.
When walking, the boot creases, and it lifts up. At some point I was looking down when walking and noticed. It was more than just a couple stitches pulled, so it wasn't hard to spot. Happy I did, because it was stopped before it progressed. To above, they are actually ultimate vintage indys, and aside from this issue, they're exactly what I wanted. Teger: yeah I have a guy. I seriously doubt it will come loose again.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
To above, they are actually ultimate vintage indys, and aside from this issue, they're exactly what I wanted.
Thanks! can't decide between Vintage and Kudu. I'm hoping someone can post a "real world" picture of the Kudu's. I want to see them in lighting other than what's posted on LeatherSoul

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't own any Aldens, so I'm trying to figure out sizing. I tried on some Red Wing 6 " classics for size today in a 10.5 (figuring people here know how red wing and alden compare size-wise) and they seemed to fit. what would be the comparable indy size?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^^ I wear the same size in Red Wing Gentleman Traveller as the Indy.

JOA

Reaction score
I wear a 9 in Red Wings and had to get an 8.5 in the Indy. Fit was perfect.

It all depends on the Alden last as to your sizing. For instance, I have the 986 Shell Pennys and I take a 9 in those but, as I mentioned, take an 8.5 in Indy's.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tried on some RW Iron Rangers today and 10.5 was good..think i'll go 10.5 in the indys

(i'm usually an 11)

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
For reasons unclear to me (although alcohol may have been involved), I felt the need to purchase two pairs of very similar shoes from Leather Soul.
I think the ones on the right are the AAAC special on the Aberdeen last.
The ones one the left are on the Barrie.
newlongs.jpg

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have fit pics of that Context Roy Boot?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Aberdeen looks fantasmic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads