• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official thread for short / slim people.

aizan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
Jump The Gun: their trousers are really slim, slimmest thighs i've had for a 28. Their shirting is also very, very slim and slimmer than Band. (There are 100% cotton solid button-downs coming at teh end of the year)

must add that the shirts are cut for those with a muscular chest and shoulders, and narrow hips and collar.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I heard somet's were slim, probably the most out of those last 3 brands.

Sounds like you found a couple that work for you though.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
edit: http://www.shopbop.com/shirt-sexy-fi...4441851383.htm uhh is it a girl's shirt http://www.shopbop.com/shirt-relax-f...34374302029428
Honestly, I thought it was after looking it up online and not finding the mens version but it was in the Mens Section at Macys and it went up to XL, plus I would think they would size down they size XS smaller for women, but then again this thread is somewhat unique. But in the shirts tag, they have 4 boxes (1) Mens, (2) Womens, (3) Sexy Fit and (4) Relax Fit and both "Men" and "Sexy Fit" are checked so I figured it was for mens.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
based on the links it's supposd to be a "boyfriend" shirt not really sure what is going on. ( i just found the shirt at 5-6 online places and it's all women's)

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
I'm short but I'm somewhat unfit and have a barrel chest...(5'6", 140, 38" chest, 29-30" waist), so I have to usually opt for a medium to accommodate for my chest size, but then the length is too long. Should I just go M2M?

mrtophat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nahneun
I'm short but I'm somewhat unfit and have a barrel chest...(5'6", 140, 38" chest, 29-30" waist), so I have to usually opt for a medium to accommodate for my chest size, but then the length is too long. Should I just go M2M?

I'm in a similar boat. Your best option is probably to take that medium to a tailor and see how much it would cost to get the hem shortened. I've had this done, and it'll probably be cheaper than m2m. However, you can't shorten too much, as the bottom button will cause proportional issues.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
XXS? For reals? Sounds like you should be shopping in the kid/youth section. What other clothing do you wear and what sizes? What are you're stats.
Well to be fair, epaulet's XS measurements are actually what an S should be
Originally Posted by DECEMBER
Is this a shirt thread only? I'm looking for some jean recommendations. APC / 3sixteen / crate all seem to fit well for me. Been wondering about KMW, Somet, and Imperials
BiG has measurements for Somet, SE has measurements for Imperials, Context has measurements for KMW

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Well to be fair, epaulet's XS measurements are actually what an S should be
No, they're not. I know this is SF and all, but an 18" pit-to-pit should not be an S, by anyone's standards. Hell, even regular (non-overdye) BoO size S has a 19" pit-to-pit.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my smallest size is a 34 and thats a effeing small dude.

mrtophat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
my smallest size is a 34 and thats a effeing small dude.

mauro, how long are your shirts going to be?

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i am 34"

and i'm 5'6" and pretty skinny (asian) I cannot imagine someone much smaller than me except Xenox (fact not insult)

van_hammersly

Reaction score
yeah but when you have a 34" chest you dont want the pit to pit measurement of a shirt to be 34 cause that's literally skin tight. I find 35"-36" works good.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I thought he meant jacket size. b/c 34 in boo, zara, etc have been great for me.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
in america, a small is usually a 38. in europe, a small is usually a 36. in asia, a small is a 34

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads