• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet & Styleforum Flannel Shirt Poll

PolePosition

Reaction score
Nice pics. I was gonna get a red but after seeing the brown maybe I'll get that instead... I'm an Asian with a tan complexion (not too dark....like beach tan color? lol)... think I would look better in the brown?

Hope there's enough of my size after school tomorrow afternoon!

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look absolutely beautiful! I wish I hadn't already exceeded my fw budget
frown.gif

soundsgood

Reaction score
I can't tell, are these thick flannels for insulation or something light?

ltb

Reaction score
Are the new ties going up tomorrow morning with the flannels? Interested in some new neckwear and I plan on buying one of the flannels anyway. I suppose it doesn't matter much because shipping is free over $50 but it might be good to combine everything into one package...

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
Those look absolutely beautiful! I wish I hadn't already exceeded my fw budget
frown.gif

Haha yeah I know that feeling. This season my budget is heavily focus on shirts, and one good coat. The flannel looks great man!

Doctor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
3925975137_fbe0e0c3ea_o.jpg

ARGH! I'm ALWAYS right between two sizes. Jacket size 40 usually = large, jacket size 42 usually = XL on shirts sized like this. I'm a jacket size 41 and my measurements fit me squarely between the two sizes.

Solution: Order XL and buff up at the gym... Some motivation to get fitter.

I was worried about length before, but these are ok. For a tall guy I have a really short torso and long legs (and I roll my sleeves), so I can thank my lucky stars for that!

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't decide between the Red or Purple.
What are other peeps looking to hook up?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would definitely not get the purple.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
Can't decide between the Red or Purple.
What are other peeps looking to hook up?

If you have no flannels...def get the Red one first...

cicero79

Reaction score
It all looks phenomenal. Don't go any further if you want a well made, well proportioned shirt. Mike's on point when it comes to getting what you need, on time and making sure that you are happy with what you're getting.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Indigo_phobia
I'd get the red one.
When to order?

Check back in the thread.

Mike - fits look great on these as always. Hot fiyah.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
YES.

I was going to ask tonight if you had gotten the Nau jackets in and had taken a fit pic. Thanks a million, Mike.

Yes, and I've got a full-length fit pic to send to you. I had to run out for a meeting right after I posted that smaller shot. It's really a fantastic jacket. I ordered a small quantity to try it out, and the first two units sold almost immediately. I'll definitely be keeping it in stock.

Originally Posted by bigfarva
do u guys sell that jacket?

Yes we do, it's $265 shipped. I should have it on my site next week, but I can always take a paypal or phone order before that. I'll be happy to provide measurements on sizes S-L. The XL's sold out, so I won't be able to get that until we restock in about 7 days.

Originally Posted by PolePosition
Nice pics. I was gonna get a red but after seeing the brown maybe I'll get that instead... I'm an Asian with a tan complexion (not too dark....like beach tan color? lol)... think I would look better in the brown?

Hope there's enough of my size after school tomorrow afternoon!

I think that the brown is really handsome. It's a great subdued color for layering.

Originally Posted by soundsgood
I can't tell, are these thick flannels for insulation or something light?

I'd say that they're in the middle. They're not nearly as thick as a Filson or other outdoor cotton flannel. The fabric is middle weight and light enough to wear under a jacket. But it doesn't have a flimsy feeling and is actually pretty warm. I was really knocked out when first tried one of them on. If you like the color and fit, then you'll definitely love the weight and feel.

Originally Posted by ltb
Are the new ties going up tomorrow morning with the flannels? Interested in some new neckwear and I plan on buying one of the flannels anyway. I suppose it doesn't matter much because shipping is free over $50 but it might be good to combine everything into one package...

Man, I'd love to, but I just can't get all of them up on time. There's about 20-something new styles. I'll have them online next week. Our new bowties are $45, but I'll waive the US shipping charge on those for any SF members, so no worries about extra cost by ordering it later.

Originally Posted by Doctor
ARGH! I'm ALWAYS right between two sizes. Jacket size 40 usually = large, jacket size 42 usually = XL on shirts sized like this. I'm a jacket size 41 and my measurements fit me squarely between the two sizes.

Solution: Order XL and buff up at the gym... Some motivation to get fitter.

I was worried about length before, but these are ok. For a tall guy I have a really short torso and long legs (and I roll my sleeves), so I can thank my lucky stars for that!

Ordering the XL would probably be safe. However, check out the shoulders - if your shoulders aren't that broad, then you may be able to take the Large. That's the case with me, as I've got a big chest but comparatively narrow shoulders.

Originally Posted by Indigo_phobia
I'd get the red one.
When to order?

We'll have these online tomorrow at 10AM, NYC time.

Originally Posted by tonio028
Check back in the thread.

Mike - fits look great on these as always. Hot fiyah.

Thanks Tonio! De hot fiyah is why dem girls dey love me.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh, and I just wanted to mention the free gift. We'll give away a handsome Epaulet cotton flannel necktie for anyone who orders two or more shirts (not only three shirts). I'll post up a picture of it in this thread tomorrow. These ties just arrived, so I'm going to shoot them with a quickness in the morning.

Cheers,
Mike

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice well that makes it easier for everyone who was borderline on the purple

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads