• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best rec's after wisdom teeth removal?

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
Maybe I'm a marsupial, but I just started eating solid foods again within 24 hours.

Just don't use straws and try to keep the chewing of the food to the front of your mouth.

danilo

Reaction score
don't forget yogurt, that dude above me stole my avatar!!!

Cashmoney

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke
Maybe I'm a marsupial, but I just started eating solid foods again within 24 hours.

Just don't use straws and try to keep the chewing of the food to the front of your mouth.

Me, too.

I was in pain but I could still chew as long as I didn't bite down too hard with my back teeth.

The Swede

Reaction score
My brother had the following words of wisdom:

Do not eat sushi. The feeling of raw fish being pressed up into your virgin wound and forming a vacuum, creating a mating of piscine and human flesh, is not one you prefer to have everyday.

Cavalier

Reaction score
Sadly, I can't have vicodin or other narotics because of past abuse.

I am actually feeling good enough to eat solid food, I am surprised!

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by danilo
don't forget yogurt, that dude above me stole my avatar!!!

I dunno there.... how long you been around? I changed to this at least a few weeks ago, maybe a month or two. And I post pretty often so I didn't notice you had the same one until recently. Plus, it's not that original... there are several people with the same generic avatar... anywho, I'm going back to my original one.

Risque

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Swede
Do not eat sushi. The feeling of raw fish being pressed up into your virgin wound and forming a vacuum, creating a mating of piscine and human flesh, is not one you prefer to have everyday.
Strangely, this made me feel both sick and aroused.

I avoided all foods that had a tendency to break up into tiny pieces that could be lodged in the wound socket. Just try breaking up food pre-mouth, and swallowing it whole. Like a duck.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It didn't take long for me to move on to normal food. The first day was mostly spent doped up.

danilo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
I dunno there.... how long you been around? I changed to this at least a few weeks ago, maybe a month or two. And I post pretty often so I didn't notice you had the same one until recently. Plus, it's not that original... there are several people with the same generic avatar... anywho, I'm going back to my original one.

It was a joke, I don't really care, it just confuses me sometimes when you quickly scroll down a post looking for your own and I ask myself 'Was I sleep posting?'
bounce2.gif

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^^ I know, I just saw a posting you started the other day and thought WTF? when did I write that?
Anyway, as they say, great minds think alike... then again so do really stupid minds!

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may end up having this done in the next few months unfortunately.

Did they put you to sleep during the procedure? I'm not looking forward to this at all.

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
I may end up having this done in the next few months unfortunately.

Did they put you to sleep during the procedure? I'm not looking forward to this at all.

Depends on the state of the teeth. If they are fully in like your other teeth it is like pulling a molar (nitrous and lidocaine). Less exposed teeth may require more work and you get 'twilight' (Demerol and Valium), and really impacted or barely grown ones will require general anesthesia. Since you are young the latter procedures are more likely.

bigboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unpainted huffheinz
Depends on the state of the teeth. If they are fully in like your other teeth it is like pulling a molar (nitrous and lidocaine). Less exposed teeth may require more work and you get 'twilight' (Demerol and Valium), and really impacted or barely grown ones will require general anesthesia. Since you are young the latter procedures are more likely.

Had 4 taking out through 3 procedures. 2 were impacted and 2 weren't. I had local for all 3 procedures plus a few bone grafts placed [A needle straight in the jaw (and a few if I felt more pain) ..what a ***** - but everything after that was smooth sailing]. Some tylenol 2s and I was good.

I wasn't supposed to eat for 2 days, and for about 3 - 4 days I was to avoid eating hot foods and anything with spices. Also avoid physical activities for a while.

Had my last one a few days ago actually.
smile.gif

tricota

Reaction score
Have had 3 removed. One was easy and took less then 5 minutes. The other 2 were a pain ********** and eash took 2 hours +...I felt the pain for a few weeks, drinking mostly liquid and soft food. I was popping ibuprofin like a mad mad, just joping the pain would go away. That made me feel a bit loopy and bloted.

Some can eat solid food quicker, but the think to worry about are the stiches going up, and not nessesarely the imidiate pain you feel.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads