• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet & Styleforum Flannel Shirt Poll

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor
Mike, by EST, you mean current New York time, right?

Just clarifying as New York is presently on EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) which results in your current time being one hour ahead of EST.

Just to confuse you - muhaha.

Don't overthink the situation meng. He means current time on the East Coast so by your mind blowing question, I would venture to guess EDT. Be there.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Epaulet's sizing is spot on for the fit I like and fits right off the rack. Not to mention his materials, buttons, and fabric are the real deal.

amen to that

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
amen to that

Amen.

Oh and did I mention his collar roll is beautiful? Well it is. I think this is often an overlooked item over here on SW&D, but this little detail has always stood out for me, brings the whole shirt together. J. Crew's collars are a f***ing joke when you've seen the light of the likes of the collar on an Epaulet shirt.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another +1. I just need to lose weight...I gain a few lb since I bought my shirts. Lol
frown.gif

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amen. Oh and did I mention his collar roll is beautiful? Well it is. I think this is often an overlooked item over here on SW&D, but this little detail has always stood out for me, brings the whole shirt together. J. Crew's collars are a f***ing joke when you've seen the light of the likes of the collar on an Epaulet shirt.
yeah h&m and other cheaply made buttondowns have TERRIBLE collars ...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thanks so much for all the great feedback - we're really excited that you guys dig the flannels so much! It was a pleasure making them. I'm going to hash through and get back to everyone's questions. First off, here is the full sizing specs:

3925975137_fbe0e0c3ea_o.jpg

Sleeves From Back is measured from the center of the upper back. This is for customers who buy their shirts according to collar and sleeve lengths.

Sleeves from Shoulder is measured from the shoulder seam.

Length is measured from the bottom of the collar (where it attaches to the shirt) the middle of the tail.

We're going to launch the shirts at 10AM NYC time (sorry about the EST confusion!)

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's funny that you (and Tonio) brought this up because that was the first thing I didn't like when I started to become unhappy with J Crew shirts.
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
drooltastic
yes, it is.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im pretty sure im gunna be a XXl

nonissue

Reaction score
Mike, just did a quick measurement on a shirt that fits me well, and p2p it is 22 inches. Does that mean that the medium would be too small? I'm not sure because sometimes there can be discrepancies between p2p and chest size measurements.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nonissue
Mike, just did a quick measurement on a shirt that fits me well, and p2p it is 22 inches. Does that mean that the medium would be too small? I'm not sure because sometimes there can be discrepancies between p2p and chest size measurements.

What brand of shirt is it?

nonissue

Reaction score
Banana Republic Slim Fit in a medium.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nonissue
Banana Republic Slim Fit in a medium.

Hmm, I'm not familiar with that one. But if you need a 22 pit-to-pit, then you might want to opt for the Large - even with its 21 p-to-p measurement. I think that the Medium's going to be too slim on you.

nonissue

Reaction score
Yah, I just measured with a tape measure myself and got around 41-42 inches, so I'll go with the large (if I can get one tomorrow haha). Thanks for the quick help man!

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh and did I mention his collar roll is beautiful? Well it is. I think this is often an overlooked item over here on SW&D, but this little detail has always stood out for me, brings the whole shirt together. J. Crew's collars are a f***ing joke when you've seen the light of the likes of the collar on an Epaulet shirt.

Originally Posted by justtemple
it's funny that you (and Tonio) brought this up because that was the first thing I didn't like when I started to become unhappy with J Crew shirts.

Epaulet Small Batch: the gateway drug from SW&D to MC.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics