• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ

Also considering Fallout 3.

Fallout 3 is awesome. I have no previous interest in the Fallout series, or Oblivion, and yet that's the only way I can really describe it. Fallout 3 is a fun good game, worth the money, probably better for the PC than a console because of all the crazy mods, but I played it on the 360 and I'm very happy with it. I hated Morrowind and know enough about Oblivion ot realize that Fallout 3 is essentially Oblivion + guns, but man I really hate Morrowind... but I love Fallout 3, if that helps.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nananine
I'm breaking from Lel and heartily endorsing Fallout 1 and 2. I love Fallout 3, too.

Not hating on Fallout 1 or 2 at all, just saying I haven't played them so I'm not biased towards the series (though I have heard enough hype to understand that I probably should get around to playing it).

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
hey it works and the last time I checked the object was to kill people.
wink.gif

I swear I spend a good part of every round in Downpour near those silos and that wall with a hole in it. Map's so sweet...

Man MW2 needs to come out.
frown.gif

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need a real chunky blockbuster for the holiday season so as it not feel excluded. Last year I chose Fable II, not sure what I want this year...

Dragon Age: Origins looks great for a real old-school RPG. MW 2 is out of the question, ugh. Borderlands looks like it could finally be Gearbox's breakout and I love the aesthetic and weapon system, even if some of the character models are pretty dopey. Also on the fence about Brutal Legend (I adore Schafer but... I'm not sold on this until I read some reviews; just don't have a good feeling, hope I'm wrong). Uncharted 2 looks... pretty. The last one was a 'fine' game, it just felt flat (Tomb Raider 3.0).

So yeah, throw stuff out there for me. Any blockbuster coming out between now and December. Only games that're off-limits are stuff I can't stand like the new Halo side-story, CoD, Tekken, etc. Any genre is fine.

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
I need a real chunky blockbuster for the holiday season so as it not feel excluded. Last year I chose Fable II, not sure what I want this year...

Dragon Age: Origins looks great for a real old-school RPG. MW 2 is out of the question, ugh. Borderlands looks like it could finally be Gearbox's breakout and I love the aesthetic and weapon system, even if some of the character models are pretty dopey. Also on the fence about Brutal Legend (I adore Schafer but... I'm not sold on this until I read some reviews; just don't have a good feeling, hope I'm wrong). Uncharted 2 looks... pretty. The last one was a 'fine' game, it just felt flat (Tomb Raider 3.0).

So yeah, throw stuff out there for me. Any blockbuster coming out between now and December. Only games that're off-limits are stuff I can't stand like the new Halo side-story, CoD, Tekken, etc. Any genre is fine.

What Plattform?

I've picked up Batman Arkham Asylum because everyone said it's great, expecting to think myself that it's crap. What a surprise! It is really entertaining and should at least be enough for a weekend. It's also nice if you're not into Batman (I have no clue about the comics), it explains all the stuff.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover

Fallout 3.

Also, more Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 news with some specific info on new perks, abilities, etc.

What can I say? ******* awesome.

Jerome

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to buy a PS3 but my mom doesn't allow it even though I turned 35 in July, already...its simply not fair...there are many games I'd like to have SFIV, FFXIII (out in Japan in Dec I heard), and God of War III...or the Force Unleashed- I wanna have those!!!

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just finished Batman AA tonight, great game. Got on the Uncharted 2 multiplayer Beta was murdered 21 times before I decided to off the system.
frown.gif

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm playing the new Mario RPG and it is hilarious.

Chiaroscuro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I havent seriously played a videogame in almost 4 years, but I just got the strongest craving to play Devil May Cry.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chiaroscuro
I havent seriously played a videogame in almost 4 years, but I just got the strongest craving to play Devil May Cry.

Probably my favorite gaming series of all time.

I hope they re-make DMC1&3 on Blu-ray w/ updated graphics. The combat system in 3 is more deep than 99% of the fighting games released today.

Chiaroscuro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Have you seen any of the True Style vids on youtube. Man the **** you could do on 3 was insane. Although I like 1 the best. It was one of the first PS2 games I had and it stuck with me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics