• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've realized that all I really need is a whole lot of hanes v-neck undershirts. I wear these pretty much 5 days a week. Real easy.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I really like hoodies, cardigans, and the like, but hate how the material usually bunches up and juts out in the front near the bottom when you sit down.

Most hoodies seem to give me a "pot belly" even when I'm standing up.

When combined with my leather wrist band, it causes people to think I'm a gay coolster.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aqhong
This is why I love two-way zippers.

I'll second that. I have an Apolis jacket with such a zipper configuration. It allows me to keep the slimmer profile while walking around without compromising comfort when I sit, since I can just pull the bottom zipper up a bit.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everytime I see a kid on campus wearing a fedora, trilby, whether it be new or an antique, I laugh on the inside; it looks so dorky

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've only seen one guy on campus during my 27-year college career who sported a fedora and didn't look like he wandered out of a James Cagney movie.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I've only seen one guy on campus during my 27-year college career who sported a fedora and didn't look like he wandered out of a James Cagney movie.

They are just one of those things that looks costume-y 99.9% of the time.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is more to shirt patterns than plaid and stripes

crazy **** guys

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher
There is more to shirt patterns than plaid and stripes
Gingham is the only pattern needed.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher
There is more to shirt patterns than plaid and stripes crazy **** guys
And there's more options for men's "tops" that button-down collar shirts too.
Originally Posted by robin
Gingham is the only pattern needed.
It's too bad this **** is everywhere after SS09 b/c tasteful apps of gingham look sick.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Random thought: I hate myself for loving every Jcrew look I see. I would buy every vaguely woodsman-esque thing on Context if I could afford it. This is a new thing. Up until about 2 months ago I was convinced that I wouldn't jump on the backwoods-Americana bandwagon. Now the weather is turning and all I want to do is cover myself in in flannel and wool. I'm even set on Katahdins as my next footwear purchase. Every plaid shirt I see results in a petit mort. What is wrong with me? I used to hate all this lumberjack bullshit.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The new steven alan hats are more expensive than I thought.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The hardest brand to buy sight unseen - Rick Owens and DRKSHDW. I have no idea how people do it. They are cut to fit... peculiarly. The jackets are narrow, with an assymmetric hem that is considerably longer in the front than the back, and the arms are narrow and super long. No wonder so much of it ends up in Sufu marketplace.

Easiest brand to buy online (knits and tees) - Margiela. You have to be a mutant to look really bad in a Margiela knit in your proper size.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
i think alan ******* is wearing a MFSC jacket on late night w/ jimmy fallon. or something i dunno, its a sick denim jakcet/shirt whatever it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads