• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think of this jacket?

rogerm

Reaction score
I have a similar RLX one called the Monza, which I got for $150. I like it. Price is pretty steep though. RL has been making that design, every season for about two years now.

Bellison

Reaction score
What makes black label unique is its slim silhoutte--much slimmer than any other line by Ralph Lauren.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bellison
What makes black label unique is its slim silhoutte--much slimmer than any other line by Ralph Lauren.

What makes this forum unique is its fetishization of the word "slim."

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who the heck sees "100% polyester" and "$895.00" on the same page, and even THINKS about buying?

Bellison

Reaction score
A lot of us are slim and want things that fit us well.

Clothes in this country are cut for the average American--5'9", 39" waist. When slimmer people put on these clothes, we're literally swimming in them. Therefore it's pretty amazing when a fit guy is able to find clothes that fit well in this country.

Originally Posted by amplifiedheat
What makes this forum unique is its fetishization of the word "slim."

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks sharp, but I wouldn't part with $900 for it.
Originally Posted by Unrefinery
Who the heck sees "100% polyester" and "$895.00" on the same page, and even THINKS about buying?
You've been over-conditioned to assume that polyester = bad. They're not using polyester as a cheap substitute for wool in a sport coat here, they want a tech fabric look for a totally different type of jacket. That's like saying Loro Piana storm system is crap because it uses polyester.

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a lot going on, it's a bit busy. Not really my style, it's trying to hard to come off as trendy nad comming up short.

Bellison

Reaction score
So how much are you willing to part with?

Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
looks sharp, but I wouldn't part with $900 for it.

You've been over-conditioned to assume that polyester = bad. They're not using polyester as a cheap substitute for wool in a sport coat here, they want a tech fabric look for a totally different type of jacket. That's like saying Loro Piana storm system is crap because it uses polyester.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've seen the jacket in stores. It's nice, but not my taste.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bellison
So how much are you willing to part with?

Well, I'm cheap, so probably $400-ish, but that looks like one of those really nice items that will sell out before it goes on sale, so I probably would never snag it. I guess it doesn't matter how much I'm willing to part with, but how much you're willing to part with. If I had gobs of money to spend, I'd pick it up at full price.

phillyesq

Reaction score
I cannot imagine a set of circumstances under which I would wear that jacket.

FlaneurNYC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dislike the plastic cuff and neck tighteners.

If you're up for spending, why not just get the real thing?

pittbelstaff.jpg

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Again, honestly, why pay that? At least get something that will last:
Picture1-14.png
Picture2-7.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads