• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

365 days of working out [vid]

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow. That is very inspiring. Any details about his diet/routine?

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't this **** just get posted? Find his site and view the rest of the pics to see when he started roids.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that guy looked his best at like 11 seconds into it. After that he looks too ripped, almost like a starving Hindu. Many women don't like the ripped look as well. I also think getting ripped is risky for loosing muscle mass becuase it's really hard to get enough protein with zero fat in your diet. My guess is though that a guy that bloated at the start was probably taking some fat-cutting supplement.

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Svenn
I think that guy looked his best at like 11 seconds into it. After that he looks too ripped, almost like a starving Hindu. Many women don't like the ripped look as well. I also think getting ripped is risky for loosing muscle mass becuase it's really hard to get enough protein with zero fat in your diet. My guess is though that a guy that bloated at the start was probably taking some fat-cutting supplement.

eh.gif

closetmess

Reaction score
I think he needs to purchase more and different boxers, and lose the terrible necklace.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think his body is turning too orange. Kinda creepy.

splattered

Reaction score
Kinda creepy... he should have quit and just kept fit about halfway through... and stayed the hell away from the tanning salon, sheesh.

ZackyBoy

Reaction score
He lost a lot of fat and gained a little bit of muscle... but that's about it. Tan does wonders for definition. Not taking away from his work, but there are way more impressive 1 year transformations out there.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ZackyBoy
He lost a lot of fat and gained a little bit of muscle... but that's about it. Tan does wonders for definition. Not taking away from his work, but there are way more impressive 1 year transformations out there.

links?

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's John Stone- I happen to know him as a member of his website/community. Great guy.

And that video is a few years old. He's since bulked to much larger proportions. Very dedicated to diet and routine, has a great home gym.

John more recently:

http://www.johnstonefitness.com/php/pictures.php

He addressed the video on his website:

Today's News
My initial transformation video from way back in 2003 has gone viral again. If you are one of those people who just saw my video for the first time, I'd like to address a few common comments...

The transformation is 100% real. I took a picture every day from January 6, 2003 through April 28, 2004 (I believe the video currently being circulated only shows the first year or so, however). I did not, nor have I ever, used steroids. Yes, I was way too tan back then (also, that was a real tan - I live in Florida and spent a lot of time outside with my shirt off once I lost the fat). I agree that many of my boxer shorts were ridiculous, especially the M&M boxers. I also agree that the bleached hair was a terrible decision, and I am keenly aware of how stupid it looked. Clearly I was very skinny and didn't have much muscle at the end of my first fat loss phase, but I've added a lot of muscle since then (adding muscle takes a lot of time, especially if you're natural).

I guess my mindset after losing all the fat was to change everything about my "old" self. That led to some poor choices, like the over-the-top tan and the bleached hair. I have no defense for the boxer shorts, except that my wife bought them for me and she liked them. Things settled down over time.

ozymandias

Reaction score
I never understood the whole bodybuilding thing, why is it that most really good looking people are normal bodymass/maybe six pack?

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ozymandias
I never understood the whole bodybuilding thing, why is it that most really good looking people are normal bodymass/maybe six pack?
It's just western culture. in Asia, having a six-pack is a sign of poverty and being overworked, it's not idolized in magazines. that's party cuz nearly every 70 year old rice farmer has a sick pack and rippling arms. that's not to say chubby people are sexy, it's rather more of a swimmer's build.

turbozed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by origenesprit
I think his body is turning too orange. Kinda creepy.

It's about being jacked AND tan. You can't just have one of the two.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads