• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
there has gotta be some happy medium between workwear and what i guess is my poor stab at the whole U.o hipster bullshit.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
there has gotta be some happy medium between workwear and what i guess is my poor stab at the whole U.o hipster bullshit.

J. Crew.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
yeah, i suppose... or when i figure out what i am supposed to do to make a living that affords me more in the way of a clothing budget, RRL.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't felt like taking and/or posting a waywt in a while. Actually that's not completely true, JSKISS posted something a week or two ago that I really liked and inspired me to wear a similar fall transition fit but whatever. I just read the last five pages of WAYWT and I kind of want to puke and never click on the thread again. Alas, I know I will.
confused.gif
facepalm.gif

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
I haven't felt like taking and/or posting a waywt in a while... I just read the last five pages of WAYWT and I kind of want to puke and never click on the thread again. Alas, I know I will.
confused.gif
facepalm.gif

+1

That thread annoys me on several levels.

masqueofhastur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
I despise jean shorts. The summer time uniform for so many around here is a V-neck or tank top (usually AA) and cut off jean shorts. It's goddamn atrocious.

They look great on girls.

Brian SD

Reaction score
The worst part about that thread (besides the Xenox dogpiling which I just addressed), is that it isn't really used as a way for stylish people to post good fits, but rather for newbies to post their fits and everyone else to tell them whats wrong with them. The only way to alleviate that is to have senior members posting fits more often (Stazy would be a perfect example - your fits are always on point but they're few and far between). I know I'm deserving of my own disdain here, but I personally really feel like I haven't looked stylish in awhile. I haven't bought any new clothes in a long time, minus some more Margiela trousers and I just wear them with a simple button up and skinny tie every day for work. Boring! I'm sure everyone has their reasons, and that's why the thread hasn't been encouraging lately. Lel, looks like AnnD finally made it to UO.
laugh.gif

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
The worst part about that thread (besides the Xenox dogpiling which I just addressed), is that it isn't really used as a way for stylish people to post good fits, but rather for newbies to post their fits and everyone else to tell them whats wrong with them. The only way to alleviate that is to have senior members posting fits more often (Stazy would be a perfect example - your fits are always on point but they're few and far between).

I know I'm deserving of my own disdain here, but I personally really feel like I haven't looked stylish in awhile. I haven't bought any new clothes in a long time, minus some more Margiela trousers and I just wear them with a simple button up and skinny tie every day for work. Boring!

I'm sure everyone has their reasons, and that's why the thread hasn't been encouraging lately.

Lel, looks like AnnD finally made it to UO.
laugh.gif

First of all, thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it.

Secondly, I think the WAYWN threads tend to be stronger during F/W months. For the most part, S/S bores the hell out of me. I probably have like 10 summer fits that I cycle through and I don't feel that any of them are all that stylish. F/W gives me a chance to incorporate some of my outerwear and knits, both of which I think are strong points of my wardrobe.

Another excuse for me not having posted a fit lately is that my camera is broken, my mom's camera is broken, and my sister's camera is broken. That leaves me with a webcam...something I refuse to resort to.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
The secret is to never wash your H&M clothing--that way, it will last forever.

i has spilled chicken broth on my H&M jawnz...2 wash or not 2 wash?

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I haven't bought any new clothes in a long time, minus some more Margiela trousers and I just wear them with a simple button up and skinny tie every day for work. Boring!

You make it sound like that's a bad thing; will still look better than a lot of what's posted. The thread in general (besides being filled, from time to time, with bullshit) is slow and your most likely well fitting work steez would be a very good contribution.

That being said, I agree with the rest of your post.

stylo 9000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
ha ha

LMAO @ Bed Stu.

trying to be gangster fails when you don't know how to pronounce the hoods you're referencing. the village idiot knows it's pronounced bed sty.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
First of all, thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it.

Secondly, I think the WAYWN threads tend to be stronger during F/W months. For the most part, S/S bores the hell out of me. I probably have like 10 summer fits that I cycle through and I don't feel that any of them are all that stylish. F/W gives me a chance to incorporate some of my outerwear and knits, both of which I think are strong points of my wardrobe.

Another excuse for me not having posted a fit lately is that my camera is broken, my mom's camera is broken, and my sister's camera is broken. That leaves me with a webcam...something I refuse to resort to.

You deserve any and all compliments.

I agree with you too. I'm rather uninspired in warmer weather and I like what I come up with (fit wise) for fall and winter so much better.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^just, I always think there's another post after yours until I get to your sig. Then I see the external banners on the bottom and...
frown.gif

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Fall is going to be great since it'll basically be the first fall/winter where I dress somewhat well in my life. Was happy with the variety I had in summer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads