• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Combat Boot Sizing

Sean Archer

Reaction score
I'm interested in Corcoran, Belleville and Altama. I wear 10 EEE in dress shoes so I'm thinking 10 and as wide as I can get in the boots?

Drydis Greis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sean Archer
I'm interested in Corcoran, Belleville and Altama. I wear 10 EEE in dress shoes so I'm thinking 10 and as wide as I can get in the boots?

If you are looking for a hard wearing, long lasting combat boot, look at Danner's - http://www.danner.com/category/military+boots.do. You did say combat boot...

In all my years of military service, these are the best I've ever owned. I have had them in old black leather and the new style.

Here are some more looks at the different Danner offerings:

http://www.danner.com/category/work+...uninsulated.do

graphite

Reaction score
i'm not sure how much i can help you here but...

i have size 9 kenneth cole "simplicity" (square toed !!!!) dress shoes.

both my corcoran and danner desert combat boots are size 10.

so if you're dress shoes are anything like my kenneth coles, i suggest you size up?

Drydis Greis

Reaction score
Sorry...I should have told you that I am a size 8.5D, my Danner's are also sized 8.5D.

odrs

Reaction score
How do you guys find combat boots for comfort? I need a new pair of steel toes for my typical weekend wear of home renos and fun in the garage but most steel toes hurt like hell (8.5E measured, wear a 9.5D dress shoe usually) not to mention the weight

Drydis Greis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by odrs
How do you guys find combat boots for comfort? I need a new pair of steel toes for my typical weekend wear of home renos and fun in the garage but most steel toes hurt like hell (8.5E measured, wear a 9.5D dress shoe usually) not to mention the weight

I do not wear them because of the discomfort. As to the comfort of my Danner's, they are one of the most comfortable footwear I have ever worn, especially for long periods of time. When I say long, I mean days at a time. Taken off only to clean the feet, deal with blisters, and put a fresh pair of socks on.

Sean Archer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Drydis Greis
Sorry...I should have told you that I am a size 8.5D, my Danner's are also sized 8.5D.

Aha, excellent. Now is that dress socks for the dress shoes and thick wool socks for the combat boots?

Drydis Greis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sean Archer
Aha, excellent. Now is that dress socks for the dress shoes and thick wool socks for the combat boots?

My boot socks are thicker than my dress socks but not by much. Even with a thick boot sock, the fit is still good.

Sean Archer

Reaction score
Excellent. Now I gotta say my favourites in the look category right now are the Belleville 550ST and the Corcoran Marauder desert boots. However I will search Ebay for Danner's too, now.

edit: wow they are expensive.

oroy38

Reaction score
I have some Corcorans in 10D that fit true, and some Danner Acadia 10Ds that run slightly narrow but stretch out nicely after 1 good hike. For dress, I'd take the Corcorans. They shine a hell of a lot better. For hard use in the outdoors, I'd take the Danner Acadias over pretty much any damn boot except maybe a set of Hanwags (best damn boots i've ever owned).

Artigas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
Personally, I think the Corcoran's run small, or they did at one point in time. I have a pair of Vietnam era Corcoran Jump boots that are marked 12 1/2 and I normally wear an 11. They fit perfectly with normal socks.

Corcoran has changed hands since then, I believe, so this may no longer be true.

I'm pretty happy with my pair of jump boots in 11.5 B, bought about five years ago, so I'd say they size about right these days.

Also, check out the brown WWII-style.

Happydayz

Reaction score
just order the same as your dress shoes.

Also realize that there's a difference between assault boots vs garrison ones. There were a lot of advances in boot technology incorporating sneaker technology into the combat boot. You get much improved comfort/performance at the expense of longevity. Since someone brought up Danner's - the Danner TFX are more of an assault boot, the classic Danner is more of a garrison boot.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Drydis Greis
If you are looking for a hard wearing, long lasting combat boot, look at Danner's - http://www.danner.com/category/military+boots.do. You did say combat boot...

In all my years of military service, these are the best I've ever owned. I have had them in old black leather and the new style.

Here are some more looks at the different Danner offerings:

http://www.danner.com/category/work+...uninsulated.do

I have the Danner Desert Eagle. It's a good fit in 13EE, while my usual dress shoe size in 13D. I had the Desert Acacia earlier, but the last on the lighter Desert Eagle is much better on my feet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics