• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my house on apartment therapy

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
very cool. i am a fan of the site...and your place.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool beans. Please tell me you guys adjusted the brightness of these pics... that light is blinding !

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
thanks! yes, the photographer from ATLA changed the light so that the colors would come out more bold. it isn't that blinding or quite so vivid in person.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Poorgeoisie,
laugh.gif
!
nice, though

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the term Poorgeoisie. I have a similar place, only slightly larger, that I'm looking to decorate. I like the wainscoting. I'm trying to determine a good height for mine, would you mine measuring to the top of the shelf for me
wink.gif

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that a door desk? I built one, but got the height wrong.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice place. I wish I could put together that kind of uniformity of style - I have an eye for detail but tend to miss the big picture.

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice place. It's a good example of using a lot of classic modern furniture without looking like a DWR showroom.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Wow. Cool place. I don't know how the books under the desk work though. Seems like it would be a pain ********** to get to all the time.

When I first clicked on the link I thought that the top of your bookshelf was enclosed in a glass bubble. Then I re-focused and saw the lightbulb.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
Is that a door desk? I built one, but got the height wrong.

it's a nelson comprehensive shelving system. it was in my grandfather's den for 50 years. it extends but was an inch too tall for the ceiling. i had to cut the poles down an inch with a sawzall.

as for the books, i dont really find myself having to grab a book ive already read too often. im not even completely sure why i keep them.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
I like the term Poorgeoisie. I have a similar place, only slightly larger, that I'm looking to decorate. I like the wainscoting. I'm trying to determine a good height for mine, would you mine measuring to the top of the shelf for me
wink.gif

the bottom of the molding is 59 1/4" off the floor and the edge is 3/4" thick. it's nice, but gets in the way a lot. we had to remove a wall of it to install the CSS. and yeah, poorgeoisie is appropriate. struggling to pay the utility bills, but hey...an original set of bertoia chairs on craigslist for 300 bucks!

Joe E Taleo

Reaction score
Fantastic place. My wife and I have just bought a house, so it's great to see what ideas other people have had with their homes.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Great job. What's the mirror/photo/artwork on the back wall? It's hard to tell but it's a great piece.

maxandgen32_rect640.jpg

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
Great job. What's the mirror/photo/artwork on the back wall? It's hard to tell but it's a great piece.

thanks! it's an original kelly barrie photograph. for those familiar with the art world, he is the artist mary kelly's son.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads