• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
There'll be other stuff.

So...

...anybody been to the store?

And there is something cool to me about wheat. Don't know why. I may be brainwashed.

OT: mrs robert reports she also LOVES the pearls robert mailed to her for robert and mrs robert's anniversary. robert is basking in love-glow.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Damn! Only like 20 minutes away.

Sadly I've blown my play money on gifts for anniversary and mrs robert's birthday. I guess that'll teach me for being an attentive husband.

chiamdream

Reaction score
Trying to postpone a trip to the store for another couple weekends, but I really want to see those damn camp pants. I'm wearing the shorts today and really, really want a pair of these as pants.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm postponing too but only to next weekend. I can't step into the place without opening my wallet. Not that there's anything in my wallet at the moment.

chiamdream

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
On another note, is it wrong that one's wardrobe is almost 90 percent all from one brand?

Didn't want to leave you hanging here - it's been almost exactly a year since I realized that J.Crew's medium tailored-fit shirts consistently fit me well, and by now 90% of the shirts I wear on a regular basis are from there. I dunno, their stuff just works.

Might as well mention that I got my last wearing of the season out of the fine-stripe Aldridge suit at a wedding last weekend. I was almost embarrassed by the number of complements I received.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Wow, a suit. That kind of purchase is almost too adult for me. Good on ya, though--that suit looks pretty sharp.

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert

So...

...anybody been to the store?

Nope, only have a women's store here. Also I don't think there's anything wrong with having most your clothes from one brand. With J Crew there's enough variety (and collabs) so unless someone is a fashionista how are they going to tell? Most men haven't even stepped foot in clothing stores outside of Izod and Jockey so they especially have no clue. Then you have the fact that most men's J Crew items are only sold online so the public doesn't see this stuff.

Just got my heavyweight fleece funnelneck in the mail, what an ass tight jacket this thing is. Thick, good quality and the cut and style is really nice (although slightly longer than in the pic below but I actually prefer it that way.) Best of all it was only $39.99 on sale, someone arrest me for theft.

Also liked the linen/cotton shorts - nice material, classic cut and the dune color is cool. Starboard Madras is sweet too - good shirt to wear at a summer BBQ.

3911016752_190cfe3761_o.jpg

3910254985_22634e54c4_o.jpg

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Nice! It actually looks much like the current fleece jacket I bought a few weeks back, except for the pockets.

blynch

Reaction score
I bought the same heavyweight fleece funnelneck a few weeks back. Wish it fit as it is pretty nice, but this thing is huge! Do you think it would be possible to tailor this thing down a whole size in the body? It looked so slim fitting in the pictures, not fair...

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
I bought the same heavyweight fleece funnelneck a few weeks back. Wish it fit as it is pretty nice, but this thing is huge! Do you think it would be possible to tailor this thing down a whole size in the body? It looked so slim fitting in the pictures, not fair...

If you bought the medium and end up wanting to sell it, let me know.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just get some clips. That's what the models use.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads