• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
***** Order info ********

I prefer emails to my Gmail address above as opposed to SF or sufu PM's; that way our correspondence will thread and I can refer back to your emails. Secondary to Gmail, Facebook messages are good if you have it; I also find the threading of messages there to be helpful and quick.

I have decided to have a once a week production schedule from here on out, to deal with volume. I think this will keep people happiest and solidify my production and receipt times:
I will put in orders for all pieces at the beginning of every week, and what I ask of people interested in purchasing a piece is to aim for a completion of order by Saturday, North American time.... I will compile orders on my Sundays and that will also give people an extra day to make last-minute changes if they're going to do them (it happens often)... so while it may be too late if I've placed your original order, I am gonna try to give people about 24-36 hours for last minute emergency changes.

Ok, so since I'd like orders to be completed by each Saturday, talking to me through the week is a good idea, before any money is exchanged. We'll hammer out sizing, fabrics, etc.

- 9/11 update:
I've got samples to photo, of some Harrington lining plaid options. I'll get those up this weekend.
By Monday or so, I'll have 10 different colors of lamb for the jackets, all in the same thick hides. I am not sure what those colors are yet, but I imagine they will be nice. I have to confirm the availability of zipper taping colors to match, but I think that might be easier once i have the swatch book. So hold tight for the optional colors, I think they will be quite nice.
I am making a sample of the A2 in brown, as there seemed to be a good amount of interest in seeing one made.
I'm making a Perfecto-style jacket (double rider's above) and it should also be ready for viewing at the same time, just a few days from now.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
d, can you cut a leather for a woman? need a nice leather for the wife.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How long until we see a Farinellis Vs. TOJ piece?

panchley

Reaction score
Received my TOJ0 varsity a couple of weeks ago and love it. Dis was great to work with in terms of sizing/customization. Fast shipping too. I highly recommend TOJ and I'm now working on my Moto Leather order.

Here's a fit pic (I'm 5'5" 140 for reference). Ended up with a size 48 body with size 50 arms both shortened by an inch.

TOJ.jpg

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perfect fit. Black/black looks great.

emptym

Reaction score
Wow, this all looks very promising, particularly this harrington:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
3. The TOJ G'Harrington, gore-tex available now, $180 shipped, non reversible or reversible
10232_774105329710_15904009_43888889_3381629_n.jpg

10232_774105334700_15904009_43888890_1783281_n.jpg

I'm very interested, but have a few questions:
Is it real Gore-Tex or some other waterproof/breathable laminate?
Is the laminate laminated to a polyester or nylon fabric? Or something else?
Is it 3-layer, 2-layer, or 2.5?
Is black the only color available?
Would a reversible (your Gore-Tex and a water-resistant cotton/poly twill) jacket w/ self-fabric cuffs cost $180?

Thanks!

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
d, can you cut a leather for a woman? need a nice leather for the wife.

Yes, and I've decided I'll knock off $25 off the shipped price as well as the women's jackets are gonna be that much smaller. They'd need to be of my TOJ styles, so the perfecto double rider's would probably be most attractive to women, and I'll flip the front plackets accordingly and they'll zip up the individual's left side rather than right. I'd need comprehensive measurements as with any jacket I make, but definitely doable.

Originally Posted by Klemins
How long until we see a Farinellis Vs. TOJ piece?

I am looking for collaborators, but most of my clothing pieces are on lock and I've got them taken care of. I am looking for certain things I can't get made easily on my own but they're kind of esoteric and not really urgent, so as time goes by, there will be a few collabos that trickle out and I'll try to surprise you as they come.

Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak
Support this man and his dope cluthinz!

Thank you again sir, as I've said, the TOJ would be nothing without the support this summer and I am working to take it to new levels each time.

Originally Posted by panchley
Received my TOJ0 varsity a couple of weeks ago and love it. Dis was great to work with in terms of sizing/customization. Fast shipping too. I highly recommend TOJ and I'm now working on my Moto Leather order.

Here's a fit pic (I'm 5'5" 140 for reference). Ended up with a size 48 body with size 50 arms both shortened by an inch.

TOJ.jpg

Great fit. Looks pretty much damn near perfect from here, I wouldn't have changed anything in hindsight.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks d. i will email you bout the women's double rider.
where's the photos of it?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
Wow, this all looks very promising, particularly this harrington:

I'm very interested, but have a few questions:
Is it real Gore-Tex or some other waterproof/breathable laminate?
Is the laminate laminated to a polyester or nylon fabric? Or something else?
Is it 3-layer, 2-layer, or 2.5?
Is black the only color available?
Would a reversible (your Gore-Tex and a water-resistant cotton/poly twill) jacket w/ self-fabric cuffs cost $180?

Thanks!

To rapid fire some answers;

-real gore-tex; it's hung at the fabric wholesalers with a goretex logo hangtag
-I am not really sure, it's got a greyish synthetic backing that is not visible when the garment is made up; I've tested it several times and it has the typical water resistant beading and then eventual soft saturation that gore-tex takes on when it goes from dripped on to completely submerged in water for extended periods.
-not sure again, but it's a lightweight fabric and deceptively soft, as people tend to think of heavy mountaineering jackets when they hear gore-tex, and it's not that
-black and grey are available for genuine goretex, and then alternative fabrics (cottons, silk taffetas) are available in place of them in many other colors
-yes, $180 for reversible or non-reversible, either one

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
thanks d. i will email you bout the women's double rider.
where's the photos of it?

tis being made and I hope for it to be ready by Tuesday or Weds but it may require a second sample if I'm not satisified with the look. Playing that one by ear.

emptym

Reaction score
To rapid fire some answers;

-real gore-tex; it's hung at the fabric wholesalers with a goretex logo hangtag

Sounds good. Thanks!
-I am not really sure, it's got a greyish synthetic backing that is not visible when the garment is made up; I've tested it several times and it has the typical water resistant beading and then eventual soft saturation that gore-tex takes on when it goes from dripped on to completely submerged in water for extended periods.
Hmm. Would you be able to take close--ups of both sides of the fabric?

-not sure again, but it's a lightweight fabric and deceptively soft, as people tend to think of heavy mountaineering jackets when they hear gore-tex, and it's not that
Very interesting. 2-layer is usually softest and 3-layer is usually toughest/most rigid. But it could be that the fabric the laminate is bonded to is very thin and pliable. The Gore-Tex site says "A 2-layer laminate is made by bonding a shell fabric to the membrane for use on the outside of a garment; a 3-layer laminate is made by bonding a shell fabric to the outside of the membrane and a knit to the inside." Since you said it has a grayish synthetic backing, it sounds like it might be 3-layer. 2.5-layer usually has some kind of rubber dot matrix sprayed on to the inside. That, or the inside layer (bonded in 3-layer) or hung (as in 2-layer) prevents the laminate/membrane from wearing away from the inside.

-black and grey are available for genuine goretex, and then alternative fabrics (cottons, silk taffetas) are available in place of them in many other colors
-yes, $180 for reversible or non-reversible, either one
Excellent. I'll be emailing you. Thanks!

DeadDJ

Reaction score
I cut patterns for each order, and then I place them with separate tailors who specialize in each kind of piece.
Do you personally cut the patterns? You got that fashunz school education? Seriously curious.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a slight possibility that you could make a jacket out of horsehide? I understand that it will cost significantly more if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics