• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I still have yet to find a trench that really grabbed me. Funny I frequently see people with trenches that catch my attention, but when I get to shopping around for them, I can't seem to ever find one that works well for me, save a Juun J one that I missed out on.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like my Paco Rabanne trench I got in Korea. Looking forward to wearing it again once weather gets cooler. I'm not a fan of vests because to most Koreans I see, you can instantly become a fashion icon simply by putting on a vest.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I feel the same way about vests too, but that's after years of seeing people in white tees put on vests, spike their hair, put on tons of leather bracelets and beads, aviators, and axe body spray, and then school me on fashion.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Brian, you might like the APC trench coat. The XS is a bit big on me but I think it'd fit you quite nicely. It also has a button-out quilted liner. A bit expensive but a solid buy, still.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
i am more attractive than jason schwartzman, not only that but i could use the money or even just the cool points attached to modelling for BoO more so than he can.

The physical requirements for being a model only have about 10% to do with what would demotically be described as "being good looking."

Take it from me, with all my years in the world of male modelling-- it's a cruel, cruel business.

Incidentally, the cover of an Alternative Apparel magalog promised a Jason Schwarzmann interview within, and I went crazy flipping through it about five times trying in vain to find it when I really wasn't interested in a Jason Schwarzmann interview, and really should have rationally been content with ogling the eminently smashable female models.

Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
PS Robbie, you are a pretty good looking dude, and it's good to hear you say something positive about yourself

No! Robbie is seriously full of himself, and needs to be taken down a peg or two!
nest.gif

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(With apologies to Mother Theresa...)

Your APCs may blow out in the crotch long before you develop sick fadezz;
Buy APCs anyway.

The buttons on your BoO shirt may fall off in the washing machine;
Buy BoO shirts anyway.

Your expensive hoodie may get ganked when you rest it on the back of a chair;
Buy expensive hoodies anyway.

Your skinny jeans may cause people to accuse you of being gay;
Buy skinny jeans anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and StyleForvm;
It was never between you and them anyway.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I still have yet to find a trench that really grabbed me. Funny I frequently see people with trenches that catch my attention, but when I get to shopping around for them, I can't seem to ever find one that works well for me, save a Juun J one that I missed out on.

+ 1, was thinking this today. Want one that isn't costumey. Not really looking to channel Harrison Ford in Blade Runner.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
^ is that an optical illusion or is she really that skinny? My thigh is bigger than her waist.
I think it's a combination of both? Probably more so the angle though
Originally Posted by tagutcow
The physical requirements for being a model only have about 10% to do with what would demotically be described as "being good looking."
Case in point: The Oki-ni model

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Case in point: The Oki-ni model

For most web stores, the primary requirement would seem to be "Is he already an employee?"

stylesmurf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
A lot of the big brands have their runway show(s) posted here: http://men.style.com/fashion/

Thanks!

(With apologies to Mother Theresa...)

Your APCs may blow out in the crotch long before you develop sick fadezz;
Buy APCs anyway.

The buttons on your BoO shirt may fall off in the washing machine;
Buy BoO shirts anyway.

Your expensive hoodie may get ganked when you rest it on the back of a chair;
Buy expensive hoodies anyway.

Your skinny jeans may cause people to accuse you of being gay;
Buy skinny jeans anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and StyleForvm;
It was never between you and them anyway.

haha.. good one
laugh.gif

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Take it from me, with all my years in the world of male modelling-- it's a cruel, cruel business.

laugh.gif

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does it count if you wear one to work when the weather is bad as you catch public transport?

I like military styled clothing and can't say I've ever been one to wear a trench for it's own sake.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Does it count if you wear one to work when the weather is bad as you catch public transport?

I like military styled clothing and can't say I've ever been one to wear a trench for it's own sake.

It's fine if you are wearing a suit and tie. It's the pairing with casualwear and use as a jacket instead of as an overcoat that doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads