• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent Sartorialist Looks

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
This type of army field jacket was very popular when I was in High School outside of NYC in 1969-70. A lot of the guys coming back from prep schools wore them as well. We all wore white or blue Lee jeans and vintage field jackets. Best of all you can get new or vintage versions at any army navy surplus store. Millions of these jackets were made and, with all the pockets, they are quite handy. http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...eenBlueWeb.jpg
These are in a lot of the japanese clothing mags right now for fall.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
I'm sorry, but this post put me over the ******* top:
BVBlueBlack11Web.jpg

After reading the post and comments, I've finally realized just how much The Sartorialist is a pseudo-existentialist circle-jerk.

Given your hostile reaction, I'd say they'd be right in being existentialist... if that were true.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
I'm sorry, but this post put me over the ******* top:

After reading the post and comments, I've finally realized just how much The Sartorialist is a pseudo-existentialist circle-jerk.

dood, that's hobo-chic. It's made to look like he is homeless. There's probably 5-7K worth of clothing on that guy. Check SW&D for similar looks.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the guy is the head buyer for Jeffrey or a top designer for RL Rugby. Something like that.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
He is the antiques buyer for the RL stores.

I think you're right. Either this or he's the bum residing at the 53rd St station proclaiming loudly that all women are whores of Satan. One or the other, I can't remember

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
dood, that's hobo-chic. It's made to look like he is homeless. There's probably 5-7K worth of clothing on that guy. Check SW&D for similar looks.
I call it Derelicte.

zoolander_Full.jpg

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by barims
Assuming that the previous jacket was a Dries Van Noten piece, Hamish Bowles is having even more fun with the label:

r0nhqf.jpg

The pattern combo will surely ruffle some feathers here, but not only would I wear it much like this (excepting the tie), I've also been saved the effort. The trench works as a balancing factor. His new moustache is the most polarizing accessory for me

I like both the coat -- with different gold buttons -- and the 'stache. The rest, not so much.

Weird to think people buy and wear modern Pierre Cardin.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The worse part of his combo is his thin ginger mustache a la Polish...

The Sartorilist is there to shock ...If we did have thousands of pictures of very well dressed Dandies , the all thing would lose all its interest..

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
The worse part of his combo is his thin ginger mustache a la Polish...

The Sartorilist is there to shock ...If we did have thousands of pictures of very well dressed Dandies , the all thing would lose all its interest..

actually, he is there to take pics that will continue the checks coming from GQ, MensEx and his other patrons. Honestly, can't blame him and anyone else would do the same in his shoes. There is very little interest in seeing men in Anderson & Sheppard or Rubinacci suits, outside of the clothing nerd forums.

ohm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I think you're right. Either this or he's the bum residing at the 53rd St station proclaiming loudly that all women are whores of Satan. One or the other, I can't remember

I know that guy, but he prefers bluchers.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Did you guys know that teh Sartorialist is coming out with a book (of people he has shot)?!

Not sure what to think about that. I know that in 20 years fashion writers will point to it as an infallible document of contemporary style.
facepalm.gif

or the moment when God declares humanity as beyond salvation.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
I like it actually, though I think he'd be better off with a solid tie.

I would have done a big rust-orange tie.

What I've noticed about Hamish Bowles is that his clothing doesn't have very good fit. It's all vaguely baggy.

rchbvsvwo8.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads